Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2018 Rut Activity Report

Getting the hang of it

User Info Menu

I had a nice sized buck cross the road 20 yards in front of me with his head down and oblivious to the fact that he could be in danger north of Sheffield this morning on my way to work. He was definitely chasing.
    Paul

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Notice a few deer being hit by vehicles this past week, thats usually a sign that they are moving.
    "Everything is easy when you know how"
    "Meat is not grown in stores"

Elite Member

User Info Menu

I missed one with my truck yesterday morning. I had an oncoming vehicle. The buck crossed behind the oncoming car and in front of me. Fortunately I was in no hurry so I was only doing 80km and got slowed down. It was crossing right beside a farm house with no woodlots in sight. I 'd say that's a buck with business on his mind.

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Chase phase is in full swing in 90B. Scrapes and rubes everywhere. Big boys starting to move during daylight hours now for about a week. Does should be in heat very soon if not already. Gun hunt should be fun. Good luck everyone
    Obsessed Bowhunter

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

Yesterday I was driving in 65 around 4 pm and saw a number of individual deer in fields. Next week that will be 3 pm so I expect there will be some daytime movement.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Don't be shooting my deer.

Quote Originally Posted by Useless View Post
    Yesterday I was driving in 65 around 4 pm and saw a number of individual deer in fields. Next week that will be 3 pm so I expect there will be some daytime movement.
    "This is about unenforceable registration of weapons that violates the rights of people to own firearms."—Premier Ralph Klein (Alberta)Calgary Herald, 1998 October 9 (November 1, 1942 – March 29, 2013)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12