Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Waterfowl etiquette?

Has all the answers

User Info Menu

I always find the path of least resistance is to learn the area and have multiple backup spots. Never expect to be alone when hunting public land. I have hunted and fished some of the busiest places in the GTA and have yet to have a serious conflict. Outside of the busiest days (opening day) it's pretty rare that someone will deliberately intrude, at least in my experiences. Polite conversation goes a long way, assuming someone is being a jerk can ruin your day for no reason.

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Member for Life

User Info Menu

The lake I camp regularly on occasionally on if I see someone fishing I go to the opposite side or I wait until they are done than I go out. The lake I camp on is 1.5 km X 1 km. I once showed up and someone was in my regular camping spot, so I went to the other side and in 1.5 hours we had a new spot nicely done and had the tents setup.

I guess I respect others and prefer to move on. I try not to infringe upon others who were there first. But generally here in Eastern Ontario and Northern Ontario nobody will take your deer, bear or moose hunting spot if they can see it is in use even on crown land.

Quote Originally Posted by fishermccann View Post
    If I moved a kilometre from duck hunters on the lake I have a cottage on , I could not fish that lake ,as there are many duck blinds with hunters.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

If it's a small lake like many up around Bissett Creek we just go to another one.

Now if it's cute women close to my age you know, 25-30 well they can camp anyplace they want heck I'll set there tent up for them, I'll even share my tent.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowwalker View Post
    Don't hurt my feelings. Maybe make it two kilometers..

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by greatwhite View Post
    If it's a small lake like many up around Bissett Creek we just go to another one.

Now if it's cute women close to my age you know, 25-30 well they can camp anyplace they want heck I'll set there tent up for them, I'll even share my tent.
    25-30?

You mean 125-130 don't you?
    Take the warning labels off. Darwin will solve the problem.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345