Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: First Controlled Hunt deer

Getting the hang of it

User Info Menu

Default First Controlled Hunt deer

Hey Guys,

I wanted to share my hunting experience with all of you.

Every year I hunt I learn something new.

This week was the controlled hunt in my area but looking at the weather I wasn't looking forward to it.

I always have bad weather for the gun hunt so I never had a chance to harvest a deer.

This year was no different. Rain, high winds, high temperatures and the deer on trail cam stopped showing up.

Monday and Tuesday was calling for heavy rain and high winds so I decided to go to work and I would hunt Wednesday to Friday.

Wednesday morning came and the winds were so bad that I decided to hunt in the afternoon and stay home in the morning.

I got to my stand at 12 and quickly started regretting it. They were calling for 40 km/hr winds but it was more like 90.

At 4 I text my wife and said this is horrible and I'm getting down. She said you should just wait till dark. It's only another hour or so.

I decided to listen and good thing I did. At about 4:45 I looked up and quickly saw two dark objects running like crazy 100 yards in front of me. I grabbed my gun and turned to my right. I know the trail deer run so I said if it was deer I'll be ready. Sure enough I saw a doe walking pretty fast and she stopped. I got ready but she quickly ran off. I thought, great a coyote chasing her. I was wrong. It was a nice buck looking to get lucky.

He stopped 35 yards away in the exact same spot and my archery buck from last year stopped. I raised the gun, put the true glow on his heart and bang.

I knew it was a good hit. I waited 5 mins because I didn't want it to get to dark. It was 4:55 when I shot.

He went maybe 15 ft from where I shot him.

It was a clean heart shot. Expired quickly.

This year I learned no matter the weather you just have to get out and hunt.Deer may not like to move in the wind but they do. Especially during the rut.

Thanks for reading

20181107_170552.jpg20181108_141815.jpg20181108_152623.jpg
    Last edited by irocdyou; November 11th, 2018 at 10:39 AM.

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Has all the answers

User Info Menu

good job well done.

Apprentice

User Info Menu

Great Buck, story and shot. Congrats. I shot lots of game in bad weather. Love the chair, you can sit and have a beer with your Deer.
    "When you piss in the wind, you will get your feet wet."
    Deer Hunter

Has too much time on their hands

User Info Menu

nice deer congrats
    "Give a man a fish and he eats for a day, Teach a man to fish and he eats for the rest of his life"

Has all the answers

User Info Menu

great story. great to have spouses who put up with our hobbies. mine bought me the ML i shot mine with this year. Made it extra special

Apprentice

User Info Menu

Good job nice looking deer.

Getting the hang of it

User Info Menu

Thanks

Getting the hang of it

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JUDGE View Post
    good job well done.
    Thanks

Getting the hang of it

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Deer Hunter View Post
    Great Buck, story and shot. Congrats. I shot lots of game in bad weather. Love the chair, you can sit and have a beer with your Deer.
    I'll post a picture of the tree stand I built this year. So comfortable and tons of room to bring all my gear

Getting the hang of it

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by tom gobble View Post
    nice deer congrats
    Thank you

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast