Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: advice please

Post-a-holic

User Info Menu

Many shooters develop a flinch even from shooting light shells at the trap range. It's funny to see someone almost fall forward on a bad shell as he anticipates the recoil but doesn't get it. Flinches develop due to recoil, poor fit of a gun, muzzle jump and lack of experience.
    Many trap shooters who developed flinches almost always go to release triggers to eliminate the flinch. Very important to not pick up someone's gun who has had the triggers done without this information. Many of the o/u's are redone release/release or release/pull

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by krakadawn View Post
    Many shooters develop a flinch even from shooting light shells at the trap range. It's funny to see someone almost fall forward on a bad shell as he anticipates the recoil but doesn't get it.
    True ... been there & done that. People often deny they're flinching until a bad shell proves it.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
    "The language of dogs and birds teaches you your own language."
    -- Jim Harrison (1937 - 2016)

Member for Life

User Info Menu

I've always struggled with a flinch on the range but when it comes to pulling the trigger on a moose, deer or bear I don't even hear the muzzle blast when I touch one off. I'll bet most guys here who've taken any big game can attest to the same experience. So to me, flinch is not an issue when considering what cartridge to buy. Another simple fix to lessen flinch is to wear a decent set of ear muffs at the range.

Has too much time on their hands

User Info Menu

ArmedSheep. I am in Ottawa as well (Barrhaven) and own a couple of Axis's in 1-2 variants. If you want to check them out, PM me. Also, each year I run hunt mentoring programs for free in the Ottawa area on Public lands. If you are new to hunting and want to learn keep osted on this forum in July 2019 when I put the annual post for mentoring.

Here is last years post link.

https://www.oodmag.com/community/sho...Hunt+Mentoring
    Mark Snow, Leader Of The, Ontario Libertarian Party

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Get a shotgun with multiple barrels. Will be very versitale

Sent from my LG-H933 using Tapatalk

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345