Thread: Lockdown

Has all the answers

User Info Menu

Default Lockdown

With heavy snowfall I would expect to see more deer during my hunts or on cam. But nope. I was seeing more activity 2 weeks ago. I suspect theyre breeding and hope to start seeing more deer soon. Anyone else have this dilemma?

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Apprentice

User Info Menu

Yup! Was bow hunting this weekend and didn’t get anything on cam or c any. Usually happens every year though. I leave it till muzzleloader now.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

I was out this morning and seen lots of tracks in the cut corn, some digging through the snow too..
    "Everything is easy when you know how"
    "Meat is not grown in stores"

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

Was out Friday glassing bush-lines and between 430 pm and 515 pm I observed 13 different does emerge from the bush into the beans plus 2 bucks, one of whom was a 12pt. I think the 12pt is the one that charged me last week.
    They say a man turns old when sorrow and regret take the place of hope and dreams

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by udderbrudder View Post
    With heavy snowfall I would expect to see more deer during my hunts or on cam. But nope. I was seeing more activity 2 weeks ago. I suspect theyre breeding and hope to start seeing more deer soon. Anyone else have this dilemma?
    Not much different for me down the South Road,same couple of deer coming into the food plot area.In the two weeks hunt I only heard about 10 shots fired.The rut is definitely on and came into full tilt the Thursday/Friday night of the first week,clear skies,frosty,the Friday morning fresh scrapes all over the place.

Just starting out

User Info Menu

When will be a good time to resume hunting?

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by juicemanfta View Post
    When will be a good time to resume hunting?
    Today !!!!! Iíve hunted deer for close to 50 yrs, and I have yet to shoot one from my couch !!
    You can sit for several days and not see a deer, the next day you go there are deer all over the place.....itís hunting !!
    Last edited by rick_iles; November 21st, 2018 at 11:22 AM.

Just starting out

User Info Menu

I hear you about the couch thing, but isn't it good to leave the stands alone for some time? last weeks seem like all movements were in the night...I did not see any bucks...saw some does

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by juicemanfta View Post
    I hear you about the couch thing, but isn't it good to leave the stands alone for some time? last weeks seem like all movements were in the night...I did not see any bucks...saw some does
    If you are concerned about the deer patterning you, switch it up from morning hunts to evening, or even afternoons.

Post-a-holic

User Info Menu

All the deer around us were active last week at night and darn near non-existent during daylight hours. When the snow hit there was far more yote and wolf tracks than deer. Walked into a wolf one day last week, made my 80pound dog look small when it took off after it.