Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Protecting Pickup Bed from rust

Has too much time on their hands

User Info Menu

[QUOTE=bdog;1074253]If they don't drill holes, how to they get the spray into the rockers and door panels, tail gate and into any other part of the body?[/QUOT

Don't know what they do or how they do it, but check out the reviews and watch a couple of videos on youtube and you might get your answer. Im new to it and all I could say is we will see how it does. if you remember, remind me in 15 years to post the results LOL
    "Give a man a fish and he eats for a day, Teach a man to fish and he eats for the rest of his life"

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Has all the answers

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by bdog View Post
    If they don't drill holes, how to they get the spray into the rockers and door panels, tail gate and into any other part of the body?
    Nobody drills holes anymore as it can void manufacturer warranty, they use existing drain holes and sometimes remove trim to insert long spray nozzles through the holes for the retaining clips. I've watched guys do it on a couple of my trucks. I just had my new chevy done and the first thing I did when I got home was crawl underneath and check all the important spots.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

I occasionally spray my cars but they don't rust as much and I only have the bare minimum equipment for spraying and I can't get into all the places they do and I don't really feel like doing. Just finished trouble shooting the heat in my wife's car.

I'm trying to decide between Krown and corrosion free. Canadian Tire sell Corrosion free. But when I went to ask them some questions they just said they know nothing about the product and just spray it. But Corrosion Free according to what I read seems to edge out Krown.

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by bdog View Post
    If they don't drill holes, how to they get the spray into the rockers and door panels, tail gate and into any other part of the body?
    There's already quite a number of spots you can introduce the spray equipment. I had 4 holes drilled just to make sure it got everywhere.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by greatwhite View Post
    I occasionally spray my cars but they don't rust as much and I only have the bare minimum equipment for spraying and I can't get into all the places they do and I don't really feel like doing. Just finished trouble shooting the heat in my wife's car.

I'm trying to decide between Krown and corrosion free. Canadian Tire sell Corrosion free. But when I went to ask them some questions they just said they know nothing about the product and just spray it. But Corrosion Free according to what I read seems to edge out Krown.
    Most bad reviews about corrosion free is not about the product, its about who applies it (canadian tire). I found someone else to apply it rather then go to canadian tire. Go on the corrosion free website and find someone in your area rather then canadian tire.
    "Give a man a fish and he eats for a day, Teach a man to fish and he eats for the rest of his life"

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Canadian Tire seems to be the only place in Ottawa for Corrosion Free. Both Corrosion Free and Krown are about the same price. But your probably right it depends who does it. This Truck needs to quite possibly a long time and since it only has less than 150K on it and I average 10K a year it should easily last indefinitely unless the body craps out. Hence why I want to rust proof it. I spent 9 + months looking for a decent truck and miss the first good deal.

The truck will primarily be used for hauling wood, work around the house, camping and emergencies, don't plan to go muding with it like my past trucks, as I have an ATV now. The 4x4 is just in case like being in a field hauling firewood or something

Borderline Spammer

User Info Menu

Years ago when I had my truck sprayed by Krown I would pull the plastic liner out,get them to spray the box then I would put the liner back in never had a problem

User Info Menu

Also forgot to mention you don’t have to apply corrosion free every year it’s every 18 months

Travelling Tackle Shop

User Info Menu

I had the plastic bed liners in my last 2 trucks, they work but stuff slides around like it’s on Teflon. My current truck (2011 Ram) has a factory sprayed in Bedliner and it’s been great, no issues whatsoever and the truck has 336,000 kms on it.
    A bad day hunting or fishing is better than a good day at work.

Travelling Tackle Shop

User Info Menu

I just picked up the new truck 2 weeks ago. I had them spray in the bedliner and install a corrosion module that has a 10 year warranty

Roe+
    A bad day hunting or fishing is better than a good day at work.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast