Thread: Snow grouse, snow moose

Leads by example

User Info Menu

Default Snow grouse, snow moose

New to me Ithaca that I was determined to take for a walk in the woods before the end of the season. Saw lots of fresh moose sign but not much grouse. Finally saw these 2 when I got to the edge of a fen:

Went back through a spot that had some old grouse tracks on the way out as that was all I had seen the whole day and there, right where they should have been, were a pair of grouse. They went up just after I saw them and I was able to drop one with a shot.

I went after the second one but didn't see or hear it again.

I'll likely never be one for one with it again but it is too nice to carry to retire it just yet.
    Make sure you have finished speaking before your audience has finished listening.

Dorothy Sarnoff

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Member for Life

User Info Menu

And that right there is a fantastic day of hunting! Who could ask for anything more?

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

Nice pics
    "Give a man a fish and he eats for a day, Teach a man to fish and he eats for the rest of his life"

Leads by example

User Info Menu

A short video of the moose after they'd had enough of me. She has a parting comment has she headed into the woods.

https://youtu.be/ELHvCuRUeZ4
    Make sure you have finished speaking before your audience has finished listening.

Dorothy Sarnoff

Apprentice

User Info Menu

Awesome! Great pic!

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

That is a great day out for sure. For those of us further south, I really enjoy hearing about the trips others are able to take. God willing, my plan is to retire in the Sudbury area in 9 years. Not that I am counting