Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Trail Camera

Post-a-holic

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by werner.reiche View Post
    SPYPOINT has very poor customer service and thing like mandatory firmware upgrades aren't covered in the documentation provided online.

If you want a cellular uplink for your pictures, I couldn't find an alterative to spypoint (in 2018).
    Pictures at under 20ft are badly over-exposed by the link-s.

My first spypoint was DOA. I tried to get support from spypoint - finally gave up and took it back to Cabelas. They replaced it - no hassle.

A year later, it abruptly quit working - at the start of bow season when I was overseas.
    This required 3 days back and forth with a few different spypoint reps before I got the information about them changing their upload servers, and that I needed a firmware upgrade to connect to the servers.

You get the feeling with spypoint you are dealing with a guy that is running a business out of his garage.
    This is the feeling I'm starting to get with the problems I've been having with my Spypoint cameras as I've mentioned in a previous post. They were helpful to a point and when everything they've suggested hasn't work it's like they've given up and haven't been asking my e-mails for the last 3 days.

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MikePal View Post
    There is little differences with trail Cam's ...I firmly believe the 'guts' of all of them are made in the same factory in China..
    Probably true for the most part except for Reconyx. They are made in the US. Expensive (like $600) but come with a bomber 5 year warranty and supposed to be very good customer service. I think a lot of research biologists use them as they know they will work.
    They say a man turns old when sorrow and regret take the place of hope and dreams

Apprentice

User Info Menu

I have about 6 link micros from Spypoint and absolutely love them. As for quality of pics and vids the browning ones I also have that are non cellular are probably better.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Species8472 View Post
    Probably true for the most part except for Reconyx. They are made in the US. Expensive (like $600) but come with a bomber 5 year warranty and supposed to be very good customer service. I think a lot of research biologists use them as they know they will work.
    Actually they are not made entirely in the USA, I spoke with their rep awhile ago and some parts are made offshore.I am sure they work well but considering the cost and possibility of them being stolen is it really worth it.

Post-a-holic

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SK33T3R View Post
    darn trailcameras can be pretty frustrating. I've got a drawer full of them!
    Stealthcam, Moultrie, covert, browning, bushnell, etc. multiples of each. lots of dead ones. grrr!

They're all made in china ... and they're marked up ridiculously.
    probably all made in the same factory.

here's one I just ordered ... US supplier .... $66 full hd with sound ... etc etc.
    if it dies so what! but if it lives and is somewhat dependable I will buy 5 more.
    I will post my findings here when I get it on Friday.
    WELL a full year has passed! I ended up buying 3 more knock off cameras and my close friends got 2 more. ALL DIFFERENT BRANDS! I ran and tested them all. It was under identical conditions with yardage and width markers. I tested for picture quality, sound quality, distance activation, side activation, etc. After all this one camera stood out. It really stood out! dependability, trigger speed, pic quality, illumination. So late Jan 2019, We bought 13 of these cameras! Dave got 4 and I got 9. Dave lives on a 25 acres tree property and his cams have been running over a yr. I started using mine in Aug for bear. then took a few for moose. Then home for deer. Daves cams are still running currently. I pulled mine jan 26th 2020. All ran without a hiccup. Upon checking eBay we seen these cams were on sale for $28US. WTF! Dave ordered 4 more, mark got 4, bobby got 4, and john got 2, Ron also got 4. These are H882 cameras from good ol China. There are a few US suppliers. When I got mine originally I paid around $46US. These cams have 46 low glow red 850nm leds. they are visible but the bears and everything else I got on cam didn't seem to care. One feature I don't like is the micro SD card. These can be tricky to deal with, especially with our BIG north American hands. Also the microphone pickup is not as good as some other cameras tested but I took my cameras apart and moved the microphone to the interior of the front cover. They now have the best sound pickup I've ever experienced.
    Anyhow this is just a follow up of my new go to camera! For the price who cares what happens to them. The fact that we never had a hiccup with 13 of them, the fact that the videos and pic quality and wide angle lense are better then my spypoints and brownings and stealthcam and moultry and WGI, ....... fricken Bonus!
    If you keep doing what you've always done. You'll keep getting what you've always got!
    Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Has all the answers

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SK33T3R View Post
    WELL a full year has passed! I ended up buying 3 more knock off cameras and my close friends got 2 more. ALL DIFFERENT BRANDS! I ran and tested them all. It was under identical conditions with yardage and width markers. I tested for picture quality, sound quality, distance activation, side activation, etc. After all this one camera stood out. It really stood out! dependability, trigger speed, pic quality, illumination. So late Jan 2019, We bought 13 of these cameras! Dave got 4 and I got 9. Dave lives on a 25 acres tree property and his cams have been running over a yr. I started using mine in Aug for bear. then took a few for moose. Then home for deer. Daves cams are still running currently. I pulled mine jan 26th 2020. All ran without a hiccup. Upon checking eBay we seen these cams were on sale for $28US. WTF! Dave ordered 4 more, mark got 4, bobby got 4, and john got 2, Ron also got 4. These are H882 cameras from good ol China. There are a few US suppliers. When I got mine originally I paid around $46US. These cams have 46 low glow red 850nm leds. they are visible but the bears and everything else I got on cam didn't seem to care. One feature I don't like is the micro SD card. These can be tricky to deal with, especially with our BIG north American hands. Also the microphone pickup is not as good as some other cameras tested but I took my cameras apart and moved the microphone to the interior of the front cover. They now have the best sound pickup I've ever experienced.
    Anyhow this is just a follow up of my new go to camera! For the price who cares what happens to them. The fact that we never had a hiccup with 13 of them, the fact that the videos and pic quality and wide angle lense are better then my spypoints and brownings and stealthcam and moultry and WGI, ....... fricken Bonus!
    They seem to be $90USD everywhere I look. Did you buy them on sale to get them at $46?
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/H882-Survei...-/163735654348
    A trophy is in the eye of the bow holder

Getting the hang of it

User Info Menu

Thanks Sk33t3r was thinking of buying a bunch of new camera's now I know which ones to get.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234