Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Deer, Corn and Combines

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Shot a little doe with buckshot, killed her clean, found the blood trail after the fact, was clipped by 2 slugs in a previous drive and crossed a road, they could not find a blood trail, but I know, you gotta blame the ammo.

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jaycee View Post
    His custom combing business takes him into three counties, it is definitely not just a local problem!
    Same wmu ?

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by cantgetright View Post
    I will never use buckshot and I advise those I hunt with to use slugs as well for stories like this that I seem to hear all to often. That's sad.
    I use buck shot for close range Coyotes when they're too close to zip 'em with a rifle,so,they DO have a place.

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

The shooters are people who hunt but not hunters....total different set of ethics

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hockeymjt View Post
    The shooters are people who hunt but not hunters....total different set of ethics

Well said.
    Hopefully shooters will learn the difference. If you don't have a clear shot with a single projectile then don't shoot.

Has too much time on their hands

User Info Menu

Sounds like a lot of BS to me.

This guy found all those dead deer due to buckshot but none due to slug, rifle or car.... What are the odds.......

And i don't use buckshot and never did.

Has too much time on their hands

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jaycee View Post
    I had a lengthy conversation yesterday with a fellow that does a lot of custom combining.
    What he had to say was enough to get any one really pizzed off.

He has so far come across 7 dead deer and some remains of in corn fields that he is combining, 5 of those had broken legs he determined was caused by buck shot as he found evidence of buck shot wounds in the guts.
    It really upsets him as he has to be very careful/watchful that he does not get them into the combine as it makes one big mess and down time involved, and costly repairs.
    He also found a big 8 point buck tangled in a fence that it tried to jump but couldn,t due to a broken leg, it just struggled and died there from it,s wounds/broken leg,bleeding and starvation.
    He claimed that as far as he could determine by what he saw , all these deer had been shot at with buck shot, he says he sees this every year after the controlled deer hunts .
    This is very unfortunate as 7 unrecovered deer equals a possible seven others shot to make up for those , and there those are wondering why there is a lack of deer.
    He said he expects to find more after this weeks hunt as there is a lot of corn still standing to be combined.
    I would bet there's as many or more wounded deer by rifle hunters every year than shotgun hunters.
    Some people just shouldn't be pulling the trigger at game.

Leads by example

User Info Menu

I'm surprised the coyotes don't get to the deer before he preforms his Biopsy.
    This isn't a test run................Enjoy er'.......

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by canadaman30 View Post
    I would bet there's as many or more wounded deer by rifle hunters every year than shotgun hunters.
    That's so true but people get stuck on their way and that's that. No opening up to the other side . It's just their way and side and and nothing else matters. Most cant look at both sides of a problem a problem can only be one sided [emoji16][emoji57][emoji849]

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by canadaman30 View Post
    That could very well be.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast