Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Polar,Black and Grizzly bears found in same locale.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Default Polar,Black and Grizzly bears found in same locale.

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Member for Life

User Info Menu

That's amazing stuff. There's absolutely no doubt wild animals are adapting to climate change. After all,that's Mother Nature's way. If Grizzly range is extending eastward,Northern Ontario hunters need to be very aware. Can you imagine just being out with a .22 or 20ga kicking hedge or fence rows for grouse and rousting up an 800lb Griz? SURPRISE!!

Member for Life

User Info Menu

There have always been Grizzlies and black bears everywhere I have lived from BC to SK. Polars near the coast would mix and Breed with Grizzlies at times, and black bears just avoid both of the others. If you go and look at the historical range of the grizzly bear you will see that they at one time lived just about everywhere in North America. They are just moving back into their historic range. Just like Black bears are moving south towards Toronto, which is also their historic range, which by the way is also with in the Historic range of the Grizzlies.

Maybe some of the townships will have to raise their calibre limits. 416, 458, 600 nitro anyone?
    Take the warning labels off. Darwin will solve the problem.

Has too much time on their hands

User Info Menu

I've worked up the NWT, Tuktoyuktuk, Inuvik, Deline and a few other places. I've never seen one, but locals have said the "Barren Lands Grizzly" is common. Supposedly a cross between the grizzly and polar bear? That'd be nasty meeting up with one of them?
    Although care has been taken in preparing the information contained in the above post, the author does not and cannot guarantee its accuracy. All rights reserved.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bushmoose View Post
    I've worked up the NWT, Tuktoyuktuk, Inuvik, Deline and a few other places. I've never seen one, but locals have said the "Barren Lands Grizzly" is common. Supposedly a cross between the grizzly and polar bear? That'd be nasty meeting up with one of them?
    There are supposed to be different subspecies of grizzly, I asked the same question when working north of Yellowknife, the bear fences around the camps are insane up there, they are not charged like a cattle fence either, you touch one of those wires and you are dead.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bushmoose View Post
    Those barren ground Grizzlies are true Grizzlies no hybrid there. The hybrid bears do exist but they can only exist because polars and Grizzlies are closer genetically then people realize.

As for being nasty, you would be pretty nasty about getting fed if your meals are some times days apart.

Has too much time on their hands

User Info Menu

I am surprised grizzlies have moved that far East... I thought Aberta was their limit...interesting. I hope they stop at the Manitba border!!

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Friends that Moose hunt around Marathon and Ignace tell about seeing what they call "color phase" Black Bars that are very big for Blackies,so,you just never know. Maybe,they were seeing seeing Grizzly's and didn't realize.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Just a little more info. hope it's interesting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qye9AWXQFBw

Member for Life

User Info Menu

I've always wondered why there are no Grizzlies in Ontario.
    "This is about unenforceable registration of weapons that violates the rights of people to own firearms."—Premier Ralph Klein (Alberta)Calgary Herald, 1998 October 9 (November 1, 1942 – March 29, 2013)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast