Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 110

Thread: Deer, Corn and Combines

  1. #71
    Member for Life

    User Info Menu

    Default

    No quarrel with you personally, I just don't like people telling others to shut up. You do not want to read his comments, just block him.
    Last edited by fishermccann; December 9th, 2018 at 01:07 PM.

  2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT
     

  3. #72
    Loyal Member

    User Info Menu

    Default

    I have contributed to the discussion of buck shot, and perhaps have maybe started it, however my thought process is, if hunting deer you shouldn't be shooting at them when running or if you don't have a clear shot therefore ssgs are unnecessary. Buckshot simply provides a hail Mary approach to some, it's almost a close your eyes and hope for the best situation.
    I'm know this will tick off some people but that's my opinion on ethical hunting.

  4. #73
    Has too much time on their hands

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fieldtrip View Post
    if hunting deer you shouldn't be shooting at them when running or if you don't have a clear shot therefore ssgs are unnecessary. Buckshot simply provides a hail Mary approach to some
    By your comment hunting with dogs is no longer ethical. So no shooting running deer, what about flying ducks?

    Perhaps we should nicely ask the deer to walk to the slaughterhouse so we can be sure of getting him.
    Last edited by oaknut; December 9th, 2018 at 07:29 PM.
    How is it one careless cigarette can cause a forest fire, but it takes a whole box of matches to light a campfire?

  5. #74
    Getting the hang of it

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dilly View Post
    Give it a rest. I’m sick of your boring repetitive posts. And bottom is not spelled bottum....
    Be sick of whatever you want. I really don't care. Does promoting a quick humane kill bother you! Obiously many of you couldn't care a less about this. You missed a deer and shot one last week! You know when you miss or connect with a single projectile almost always! Can you say the same for buckshot? No way! To me wounding and not recovering an animal is an absolute horrible thing which is almost always avoidable if your patient and pick your shots. Keep spraying and praying. You all know deep down how many deer are left to die, never being recovered due to buckshot!

  6. #75
    Getting the hang of it

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fieldtrip View Post
    I have contributed to the discussion of buck shot, and perhaps have maybe started it, however my thought process is, if hunting deer you shouldn't be shooting at them when running or if you don't have a clear shot therefore ssgs are unnecessary. Buckshot simply provides a hail Mary approach to some, it's almost a close your eyes and hope for the best situation.
    I'm know this will tick off some people but that's my opinion on ethical hunting.
    Exactly

  7. #76
    Member for Life

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kk1 View Post
    Be sick of whatever you want. I really don't care. Does promoting a quick humane kill bother you! Obiously many of you couldn't care a less about this. You missed a deer and shot one last week! You know when you miss or connect with a single projectile almost always! Can you say the same for buckshot? No way! To me wounding and not recovering an animal is an absolute horrible thing which is almost always avoidable if your patient and pick your shots. Keep spraying and praying. You all know deep down how many deer are left to die, never being recovered due to buckshot!
    A bow does not permit a quick kill essentially the animal dies a slow death
    "This is about unenforceable registration of weapons that violates the rights of people to own firearms."—Premier Ralph Klein (Alberta)Calgary Herald, 1998 October 9 (November 1, 1942 – March 29, 2013)

  8. #77
    Getting the hang of it

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by greatwhite View Post
    A bow does not permit a quick kill essentially the animal dies a slow death
    Not if hit correctly. Double lunged deer most times are dead in less than 15 seconds.

  9. #78
    Member for Life

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kk1 View Post
    Not if hit correctly. Double lunged deer most times are dead in less than 15 seconds.
    Guaranteed every single time regardless of distance. I don't think so. No different than buckshot no matter how you slice and dice.
    "This is about unenforceable registration of weapons that violates the rights of people to own firearms."—Premier Ralph Klein (Alberta)Calgary Herald, 1998 October 9 (November 1, 1942 – March 29, 2013)

  10. #79
    Getting the hang of it

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Huge difference. Again SINGLE PROJECTILE! If its double lunged its going down! No difference in 8-9 pellets you scatter with no control over than a single razor sharp hardened blade. Really?
    Last edited by kk1; December 10th, 2018 at 11:27 AM.

  11. #80
    Member for Life

    User Info Menu

    Default

    You have not shot buckshot into a target at 30 yards. The same mistakes can be easily be made with a bow and regularly do.
    "This is about unenforceable registration of weapons that violates the rights of people to own firearms."—Premier Ralph Klein (Alberta)Calgary Herald, 1998 October 9 (November 1, 1942 – March 29, 2013)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •