Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Hoping to Turkey hunt this year

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by greatwhite View Post
    One thing I have noticed is there does not seem to be an after market Turkey Choke for my Mossberg 535 or I cannot seem to find one. Are there any available at a reasonable price?
    http://www.choketube.com/

Call or email them. They will advise which choke works in your Mossberg.
    I found this....

https://www.choketube.com/downloads/...hange-2017.pdf
    Last edited by rick_iles; December 29th, 2018 at 07:15 PM.

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Getting the hang of it

User Info Menu

One thing I have noticed is there does not seem to be an after market Turkey Choke for my Mossberg 535 or I cannot seem to find one. Are there any available at a reasonable price?
    Al’s corner store in Arnprior should have Carlson turkey chokes for your 535. I bought a few from there. I also bought a Indian Creek direct from manufacturer. That’s what I use in my Mossberg 535 and 935. The stock Mossberg turkey choke was actually pretty good also. Good Luck.
    Last edited by Deer Hunter; December 29th, 2018 at 08:27 PM.
    "When you piss in the wind, you will get your feet wet."
    Deer Hunter

Has too much time on their hands

User Info Menu

The Mossberg 535 choke thread is interchangeable with Browning Invector/Winchoke. Just look for a Browning Invector (not Invector plus) turkey choke. There should be tons available.

-Nick
    Krete

Bills n' Thrills.

Apprentice

User Info Menu

You will love turkey hunting buddy! A good beginner call is a slate pot call or a push button friction call. Depending on how long you can sit motionless maybe a blind would be a good idea - I have used both a permanent and a pop-up blind with good success.

I typically start scouting in beginning of April and put some camera out to try and pattern them.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234