Thread: Anyone see much Canadian Goose action in WMU94

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Default Anyone see much Canadian Goose action in WMU94

Looking to take my spouse out to hunt Canadian Goose and willing to take the drive West if anyone can offer some good suggestions from recent personal experience...
    Anyone out there seeing action?

Sent from my SM-T377W using Tapatalk

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Has all the answers

User Info Menu

I don't hunt them but they keep walking up and down my beach every day a least 200 of them every day back and forth.
    That about 30 yards from my front door.

Leads by example

User Info Menu

lots in the thames in Chatham, where they go to feed is unknown to me. Not worth chasing them for 2 bird limit.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Trapper_Al View Post
    Looking to take my spouse out to hunt Canadian Goose and willing to take the drive West if anyone can offer some good suggestions from recent personal experience...
    Anyone out there seeing action?

As opposed to the “American” goose??? Sorry, couldn’t resist !
    I’ve seen high numbers north and east of Chatham, the past week feeding in corn fields. Tons of them around..

Has too much time on their hands

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rick_iles View Post
    As opposed to the “American” goose??? Sorry, couldn’t resist !
    I’ve seen high numbers north and east of Chatham, the past week feeding in corn fields. Tons of them around..
    Was going to say, I've never seen a Canadian goose! Just Canadas.

I feel like we've seen posts like this from you before Trapper Al. Gotta fire up the truck and scout!
    Last edited by Sprite; December 12th, 2018 at 07:21 AM.
    Krete

Bills n' Thrills.

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Thanks for the useful tip rick_iles !

For the comedians out there, the Hunting regulations for migratory birds: Ontario 2018-2019, call them Canada Geese so pardon my use of the term Canadian Goose

And yes, I do go for rides in my truck where I live... I am disabled but not lazy.... my previous post was actually looking for hunters who were willing to offer up their discarded carcasses for a taxidermy project.
    Still interested if you're offering... For the sport and the meals, I will hunt my own thanks.

Thanks for all your replies, Take care!

Member for Life

User Info Menu

For the comedians out there, the Hunting regulations for migratory birds: Ontario 2018-2019, call them Canada Geese so pardon my use of the term Canadian Goose
    Hmm! A Canada Goose , born in Canada would then be a Canadian , but a Canada Goose born in the U.S would then be an American " Canada Goose ". wonder if it would have dual citizenship if it spent most of it,s time in Canada and eating corn here ???

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jaycee View Post
    Hmm! A Canada Goose , born in Canada would then be a Canadian , but a Canada Goose born in the U.S would then be an American " Canada Goose ". wonder if it would have dual citizenship if it spent most of it,s time in Canada and eating corn here ???
    Don't tell Mr. Trump he might just keep them there or not let them into the U.S anymore LOL
    "Give a man a fish and he eats for a day, Teach a man to fish and he eats for the rest of his life"