Thread: Compound Bow for Beginner?

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Default Compound Bow for Beginner?

Hi All,
    I'm looking for a good, compound bow to get started with. I haven't used a bow in 10 years, so now's a good time to start
    I don't have any stores like Cabela's close by.
    Any suggestions?
    Thanks,
    Last edited by Bolivar; December 20th, 2018 at 11:14 AM.

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

find the nearest archery proshop you can go to and spend a couple hours to shoot a couple. that's what i did. never shot one in my life. i think it's a feel thing, maybe you're a single cam guy, maybe double, maybe some brands don't shoot well, only way to know is to try them. tough to just throw out a bow that will suit you.
    A Hunt Based Only On Trophies Taken Falls Far Short Of What The Ultimate Goal Should Be - Fred Bear

Borderline Spammer

User Info Menu

2 x parkcity says !
    Glen

Getting the hang of it

User Info Menu

I see from your profile that your located in New York. I typically hunt down there with a buddy around the Mayville area. Obviously, this is depending on where you live in the state; but I have had great experiences with Doc's Archery near Buffalo and S&S near Springville NY.
    Take some time to get properly fitted at a legit bow shop (not Cabela's and the like). There are a good number of decent mid-range bows offered by qaulity companies out there. See how they feel, and get one that fits you well.