Thread: That feeling when you find next years covert

Has too much time on their hands

User Info Menu

Default That feeling when you find next years covert

I took advantage of the sunny weather to take the dogs out and do a bit of exploring, and I stumbled upon it like an oasis...
    A long winding wet swale with tag alders and cedars lining the bottom, young poplar & birch stands covering the gentle side slopes and mixed hardwoods, spruce and pine on the high ground. Only 9 more months!
    "What calm deer hunter's heart has not skipped a beat when the stillness of a cold November morning is broken by the echoes of hounds tonguing yonder?" -Anonymous-

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Member for Life

User Info Menu

LOL.

Happy New Year To You... And let's just hope that your positive thinking pays off for real in 9 months!

Mod Squad

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ninepointer View Post
    I took advantage of the sunny weather to take the dogs out and do a bit of exploring, and I stumbled upon it like an oasis...
    A long winding wet swale with tag alders and cedars lining the bottom, young poplar & birch stands covering the gentle side slopes and mixed hardwoods, spruce and pine on the high ground. Only 9 more months!
    WOW what a pessimist. I'm figuring at most 3 months and should be able to take inventory of the returning birds.
    Time in the outdoors is never wasted

Has too much time on their hands

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by finsfurfeathers View Post
    I'm figuring at most 3 months and should be able to take inventory of the returning birds.
    ...but of course!
    "What calm deer hunter's heart has not skipped a beat when the stillness of a cold November morning is broken by the echoes of hounds tonguing yonder?" -Anonymous-

Member for Life

User Info Menu

We all need constant optimism anyway! How else are we going to gear up and go for endless walks in the woods, with gun in hand and pockets full of shells, several days every season and hope to at least hear a bird flush within reasonable distance?
    ninepointer, I still haven't managed to meet up with you for a hunt, since you moved where you are.
    Maybe in 2019?
    Maybe in your new promise-land?
    Hi. My name is Harry and I've been an optimist since 1975.