Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DIY Pheasant

Apprentice

User Info Menu

Default DIY Pheasant

Was able to set up a hunt with some good buddies over the break. Released birds in the am came back and hunted them in the pm. Had a blast with 4 bonus rabbits. Dog is learning and is getting better. Birds came from Uplands Pheasantry.

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Eddy22; January 3rd, 2019 at 10:13 AM.

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Has too much time on their hands

User Info Menu

Looks like a perfect outing. Great photos, thanks for sharing.
    WANTED: Scope mount for Beretta 390

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Love that second picture!

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
    "The language of dogs and birds teaches you your own language."
    -- Jim Harrison (1937 - 2016)

Borderline Spammer

User Info Menu

Nice afternoon hunt. Good size Bunnies as well. Congrats on yer hunt........................Daniel

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Nice, how much land did you have to put them on?

I thought this would be cool, now that we are allowed to do it.

Apprentice

User Info Menu

It's a pretty big ditch system lots of places for them to hide. Plan on losing some lol

Leads by example

User Info Menu

Looks like a lot of fun.

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

Nice pics thanks for sharing
    "Give a man a fish and he eats for a day, Teach a man to fish and he eats for the rest of his life"

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Hey!!!! Your GSP looks a LOT like my GSP!!!!!!!!

In 2014 we got 200 pheasant chicks from Creekside and raised them in a friend's garage until the surviving ones were big enough to transport to an outdoors pen we had constructed on private property where we hunt. About a hundred birds made it there and we intended to establish a wild population slowly. The idea didn't work of course, but my dog found one later on, which I bagged.

We now intend to do what you have done. Put and take makes more sense, so thanks for the inspiration!

Apprentice

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkman View Post
    Hey!!!! Your GSP looks a LOT like my GSP!!!!!!!!

In 2014 we got 200 pheasant chicks from Creekside and raised them in a friend's garage until the surviving ones were big enough to transport to an outdoors pen we had constructed on private property where we hunt. About a hundred birds made it there and we intended to establish a wild population slowly. The idea didn't work of course, but my dog found one later on, which I bagged.

We now intend to do what you have done. Put and take makes more sense, so thanks for the inspiration!
    That's awesome. We've done this twice now. I went back two days later and dog was able to put up 6 more two were knocked down. The remaining birds flushed early and were quite cagey, I'm sure the Coyotes, foxes, owls and hawks will make quick work of them however.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast