Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: DIY Pheasant

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Awesome indeed!
    You live in considerably warmer climate and you can always hope that some of your birds can survive the elements and possibly start breeding. HOPE is not an entirely bad thing, even if of the faintest variety!
    Our released birds (south of Bancroft) didn't do too well but someone said that they had seen a pheasant cross the road the following year in that area. With the climate always changing, the birds might get a chance to come back where habitat is favourable.jan.Hunt.2.jpg

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Thanks for the pics. That a great way to train a dog.
    " We are more than our gender, skin color, class, sexuality or age; we are unlimited potential, and can not be defined by one label." quote A. Bartlett

Apprentice

User Info Menu

Thanks. They used to release birds in my area back.in the 70s and 80s. Had a decent population but with loss of fence rows went the birds as well.

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

Just starting out

User Info Menu

|The club I belong to help release some of the birds in Norfolk ,you would not believe how many times we have seen hawks come from nowhere , and take them with in minutes of release .

Just starting out

User Info Menu

On a pheasant hunt we had shot a bird and while the dog was en route to retrieve it a hawk came out of nowhere and grabbed the bird off the ground. The dog left the pheasant and went after the hawk almost grabbed the hawk while it was taking off in mid air. Was quite a sight to see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12