Thread: Lithium Batteries?

Getting the hang of it

User Info Menu

Default Lithium Batteries?

Does anyone have any experience on running their flashers on lithium batteries yet. Would like to know how much time we can expect, how much do they weight, where did they get them, and how much?
    Thank you
    Wired

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Since no response and dont know much about it,there is a big thread on lake simcoe outdoors board. Lots off good info on it.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

Some are using the Milwaukee 9amp 18volt with a snap on voltage regulator to 12volt. Depending on your fish finder, some take more power than what the above battery can furnish, some last all day. these are available at the big box stores and TSC. The other option are these, definitely not cheap and require a lithium charger to prevent over charging. CTC has the gell cells at a reasonable price and you can use a small float charger on them. https://www.dakotalithiumbattery.com...ithium-battery

Getting the hang of it

User Info Menu

I never even thought of the Millwaukee batteries as they also have a 12 volt series as well. I wonder how long a 12 volt lithium booster pack would hold up. May have to take one along for a day and try it.

Getting the hang of it

User Info Menu

Well I have a lithium car booster pack and had to use it on Tuesday (keep it on the atv incase of a dead battery (no pull cord)) my Marcum had a faulty battery and when I went to use the flasher it started but stopped right away. Used the booster for 4 hours and it only lost .2 volts with my LX6. Just some info to pass along as these new booster packs are small and light.

Just starting out

User Info Menu

I just received 2 12V 10A Lithium batteries from Energized Outdoors https://energizedoutdoors.com/ Super lightweight but have not had a chance to try them out yet. $79.99 USD each

Post-a-holic

User Info Menu

I salvage lithium 18650 batteries from discarded laptop battery packs. I run everything I own on those rechargeable batteries. All my flashlights, my headlamps, my game cameras, my Dewalt heated hoodie sweatshirt, etc etc. I have cut the umbilical cord from the alkaline batteries companies. The amount of AA's I was going through was mind boggling. My batteries are mostly FREE and the most I have ever paid was about 10 cents per battery when I got battery packs from the local wrecking/salvage yard. Lots of info out there about salvaging and using those 18650 batteries. The only expense is the charger. After that it's all downhill.
    If you keep doing what you've always done. You'll keep getting what you've always got!
    Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Thanks for the info. Will give that a try.