Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789

Thread: New To Site Questions About Moose Calibre

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Smcinnes View Post
    I apologise if this subject has been beat to death.
    It's OK he's already apologized for asking what has become one of the most asked questions on this forum..a topic that gets beaten to death 2-3 times a year. So asking it in the dead of winter is bound to have it hijacked and taken to the sublime

No offense Smcinnes...Welcome to the forum, now that you've seen what happens here, hope you have the fortitude to stick around
    Arte et marte (By Skill and by Fighting)...The RCEME motto

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Post-a-holic

User Info Menu

moose were made for bow hunting!

cancel the gun hunt!
    If you keep doing what you've always done. You'll keep getting what you've always got!
    Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

I am personally a bit disappointed this thread is at 9 pages. This is an easy 12-13 pager!
    Things that fly turn me on

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by toddy View Post
    I am personally a bit disappointed this thread is at 9 pages. This is an easy 12-13 pager!
    Most definitely, there are a few on here that could very well do that for you!

Elite Member

User Info Menu

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by jaycee View Post
    Most definitely, there are a few on here that could very well do that for you!
    Well for bigger game the 308 would be my pref. but a 6.5X55 would be a very close choice.

https://www.norma.cc/us/Products/Hun...wedish-Mauser/
    "More than a hundred years after its introduction it is still the standard round for competition shooting and one of the most popular hunting cartridges in all the three Scandinavian countries. Having downed a dozen moose, more than 50 caribou and three times as many roe deer with the 6,5x55 it remains my all time favorite choice for mixed European hunting."

There are many calibers that can do the job, 30-06, 30-30, 45-70, 8mm, 7.62x54R, 7.5x55...... the end results depends on the shooter getting where he can use his tools, the reliability of the ammo and firearm and back to the shooter, his skills and the firearm together putting the round where it HAS TO go. A $300 M96 in 6.5x55 or a $4,000+ Blaser in 308 in the wrong hands, neither will work.....

In a person that has practiced and takes their time... both these will work.
    https://www.tradeexcanada.com/conten...ifle-45-70-gov
    or
    https://www.tradeexcanada.com/conten...porter-65x55-0

but how you use them, the range, the accuracy, the gun/ammo that goes bang not click and goes where you want.... comfort, accuracy and reliability are if anything more important than caliber... of course not taken to an extreme.

Any advocates for the .69 or the .75 musket?

How about the ammo to put in the rifle? Nomra, Federal, Remington.... in say a 6.5x55 or 308, what ammo would you put in it to up your odds? That can be as much or more a question as the caliber.
    Last edited by mosquito; January 15th, 2019 at 03:22 PM.
    "It's disturbing that when it comes to the Christian faith, people don't really want, or know how, to investigate the evidence" - Daniel B. Wallace So why not learn?
    Sadly few remember kids: Compassion, Samaritans Purse, World Vision

Leads by example

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by toddy View Post

I adjusted my settings long ago. This is all still one page for me.
    Make sure you have finished speaking before your audience has finished listening.

Dorothy Sarnoff

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Menard View Post
    Either caliber is fine. It may come down to ammo availability.
    This pretty much answered the OPs question !!!

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

9 pages for a simple question - I guess people (like me) are bored this time of year LOL

Mod Squad

User Info Menu

Wait til you ask what truck to buy. 9 pages is nothing.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789