Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The view from the sled

Getting the hang of it

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Species8472 View Post
    It's a Pelican. Solid sled with a good tow bar that holds a lot. Driveway is 1.25 miles. Brushed the first 1/4 by hand thus summer with chainsaw. That section was fine. Take me another 3 years by hand to finish it. Side benefit is i got 4 bush cords of maple and oak this summer.
    Thanks, will look into them. My road to camp is 3.5 km, I had done most of it with brush cutter and chainsaw then would use brusher on my farm tractor to cut it back down every 3 year. One section was narrow road through swamp where tractor cant do iit. That's the section I ended up using excavator, did a great job. Lots of work when your alone to do it. A few years back a micro burst touched down many place across road, what a mess, Took me 4 days on chainsaw to completely clean it. Lots of fun, lots of work.
    "When you piss in the wind, you will get your feet wet."
    Deer Hunter

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

God, that is such a dream of mine, you are a lucky man.
    Mark Snow, Libertarian Nepean, for 2019, Chairman - Ontario Libertarian Party

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

Great pics. It is a different world than my view out the window in Waterloo Region right now. I plan to retire up north...the only question is whether or not my wife will be joining me

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

Recently they had them on sale at Costco for $169, with tow bar and phenolic guides
    Quote Originally Posted by Deer Hunter View Post
    Thanks, will look into them. My road to camp is 3.5 km, I had done most of it with brush cutter and chainsaw then would use brusher on my farm tractor to cut it back down every 3 year. One section was narrow road through swamp where tractor cant do iit. That's the section I ended up using excavator, did a great job. Lots of work when your alone to do it. A few years back a micro burst touched down many place across road, what a mess, Took me 4 days on chainsaw to completely clean it. Lots of fun, lots of work.
    Mark Snow, Libertarian Nepean, for 2019, Chairman - Ontario Libertarian Party

Getting the hang of it

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by line052 View Post
    Recently they had them on sale at Costco for $169, with tow bar and phenolic guides
    Thanks. Will check it out.
    "When you piss in the wind, you will get your feet wet."
    Deer Hunter

Borderline Spammer

User Info Menu

Looks nice Species8472, but you can have and keep the white stuff. Its all grass down here and I hope it stays this way till spring time

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12