Thread: Public Pheasant Hunting Land in Southern Ontario

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Default Public Pheasant Hunting Land in Southern Ontario

Hey everyone. I know the season is over but im curious for next season. Are there any areas of public land in southern Ontario, specifically the Niagara or Norfolk-Haldimand regions where i am able to hunt pheasant? Any information you could provide would be much appreciated.

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Norfolk County runs a good pheasant release program, for which you need to buy a pheasant & rabbit licence from the county. There is info on the county website including the locations of properties where they release birds.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
    "The language of dogs and birds teaches you your own language."
    -- Jim Harrison (1937 - 2016)

Just starting out

User Info Menu

This is good information to know. thank you Welsh.

Has too much time on their hands

User Info Menu

Yup Norfolk is a good starting point. Goggle Norfolk and pheasant gives you all the info.
    Don't forget to introduce your dog to us pictures always welcomed
    Time in the outdoors is never wasted

Has too much time on their hands

User Info Menu

You'd probably be wasting your time looking for public land pheasants in Niagara, but there are a couple of private game farms. My old club (Port Colborne Conservation Club) was one of the last in the area that used to purchase and release birds on Niagara Peninsula Conservation Authority lands. The Thorold Legion Conservation Club might still be doing it. There are (or as least used to be when I lived down there) a few pockets left of wild (feral) pheasants on private lands, but those seemed to get fewer with every new vineyard and every fence row removed.
    What calm deer hunterís heart has not skipped a beat when the silence of a cold November morning is broken by the echoes of hounds tonguing yonder?

Apprentice

User Info Menu

Friends of Hullett
    Glen

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Ok, will do.

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

I know you stated Ontario, but look at New York state.. They have an excellent release program on that side. You will need to get an firearm import permit which is not difficult and declare your firearm crossing the border times two.
    "Without Proper Management Wild Life Becomes Your Next Hood Ornament"