Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Blind vs...

Member for Life

User Info Menu

How early before the season should I put my blind out before the season?

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by greatwhite View Post
    Pretty sure if you were to put it out the same day/time of your hunt, it wouldn't bother most birds....
    "Everything is easy when you know how"
    "Meat is not grown in stores"

Mod Squad

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by greatwhite View Post
    Turkeys don't really have associative memory. As long as you're not putting it up while they're watching you're GTG.
    "Camo" is perfectly acceptable as a favorite colour.

Proud member - Delta Waterfowl, CSSA, and OFAH

Borderline Spammer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebulldog View Post
    Turkeys don't really have associative memory. As long as you're not putting it up while they're watching you're GTG.
    Definately agree. For deer season, I put out a month before, but can set it up anytime for turkey, and even move it during the day if not haveing luck at a spot - turkeys are dumb that way.

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

I have used one exclusively for the last 3 years when I started hunting with my Excalibur Micro only. Last years TOM harvest was epic for me. Put up the blind when I got to my spot before first light & he finally walked in to my shooting lane at 10:30am. Nice big 25lbs bird & he had no idea that a Black eagle zombie slayer arrow tipped with a Magnus bull-head was waiting for him. One shot kill & no shot-gun pellets in my meat...

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fratri View Post
    Pretty sure if you were to put it out the same day/time of your hunt, it wouldn't bother most birds....
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluebulldog View Post
    This ^^^^ , based on my experiences.

I've hunted exclusively out of blinds now I'm spoiled forever... I'm fidgety by nature so blinds are a perfect fit for me. For the past four years I've been using a cheapie Ameristep Outhouse blind I bought from a Walmart in the US., Can't say enough good things about this little piece of kit! Comes with it's own backpack is super light and small, coupled with a sturdy folding chair I spend a civilized number of long hours waiting for stuff to happen.. It's mostly waterproof due to it's steep roof design and handles light winds great. Heck... I added another victim to the "outhouse" list yesterday morning! Tom was following a hen, she walked literally 10 yards from the blind without a care in the world.

Mod Squad

User Info Menu

Nice bird. May not have needed one yesterday but will definitely need one today..maybe even waterwings. Stay dry and enjoy.
    Time in the outdoors is never wasted

Borderline Spammer

User Info Menu

I have used a light weight small pop up dog house blind I paid 89$ for and it is great. Folds up in a small ring and comes with a back pack. I take it everywhere so you can sit and run and gun with it, very easy to carry and versatile.

Now this season is the first in a while I have not used it and just sitting up against a tree fully exposed and in the open. I really enjoy the open feel and views get. I am enjoying not using it right now but like others have said its a tool and when you need it, it fills a purpose-great for rain or if you feel like sitting in a chair and fidgeting around all morning ie; coffee, food, smokes, texting etc. LOL
    ihunt

"life is 80% preparation and 20% perspiration"

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234