Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ontario Moose/Bear Allocation Advisory Committee

Mod Squad

User Info Menu

Yep! Can't blame the individual ministries when they're told by the sitting government who to hire and what criteria these hires must have. Usually that amounts to who they are, where they're from and what their mother tongue is. Its a stretch to suggest all government workers are duds. I've had the privilege of working with some very knowledgeable and very dedicated people.

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sawbill View Post
    Yep! Can't blame the individual ministries when they're told by the sitting government who to hire and what criteria these hires must have. Usually that amounts to who they are, where they're from and what their mother tongue is. Its a stretch to suggest all government workers are duds. I've had the privilege of working with some very knowledgeable and very dedicated people.
    Its been my experience that because some employers Police,Fire,...refused to allow or hire visible minorities and so forth certain Governments imposed the standards on them.They had FAIR WARNING over many,many years and because they did not evolve with the population of Canada had affirmative action dropped on them.Its also been my experience that even after visible minorities were hired to reflect the make up of their communities,once on the job they did not want to work in those communities (ie walk the beat Driftwood,Jane and Finch,even Chinatown).So it did not exactly work out for the services as expected
    and the solid guys still did the job but with much less back up.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

I don't know much about the others, but I know who Patrick Brown is. How did he get on there? Why is he even on there? Shouldn't these boards be filled with people who have real life knowledge, people like yourself??

Quote Originally Posted by Gilroy View Post
    Funny you should say that there was an ad in the Mississauga News that wanted a Region of Peel Police Services Board member.I thought for a laugh I would apply, I think I know a little about the Police service having been around them since 1971.Anyway looked at the present members and their political connections and with a College education decided it would probably be a waste of time even to apply.This is how I got onto the board site and saw how many positions were not filled.This is the current Peel Police Services Board:

https://www.peelpoliceboard.ca/en/wh...d-members.aspx
    "This is about unenforceable registration of weapons that violates the rights of people to own firearms."—Premier Ralph Klein (Alberta)Calgary Herald, 1998 October 9 (November 1, 1942 – March 29, 2013)

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Come on I'm serious, many of you on here probably have extensive hunting experience have you ever thought of applying? I'm sure many of you on here have made it up the corporate ladder as well and could maybe bring some real knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by SK33T3R View Post
    I can't believe you used government and skill set in the same sentence.
    "This is about unenforceable registration of weapons that violates the rights of people to own firearms."—Premier Ralph Klein (Alberta)Calgary Herald, 1998 October 9 (November 1, 1942 – March 29, 2013)

Just starting out

User Info Menu

So there are only 16 advertised positions available to apply for. About 8 are planning boards in northern regions.

Two up for grabs are vice chairs for the LCBO and Cannibis control board of Ontario.

Let the comments start!

Guess the 40+ vacant spots on the other committees stay vacant for now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Member for Life

User Info Menu

OK I'll apply for the LCBO. But they'll have to cover my traveling expenses and I want to be transported by Helicopter.

I also want free trips up North to Fish and a weeks paid vacation.

A better spinning reel oh and a trip each year down east so I can fish the ocean with my cousins and brothers.

Oh and free Scotch, Rum and beer.

Quote Originally Posted by Saskfly View Post
    So there are only 16 advertised positions available to apply for. About 8 are planning boards in northern regions.

Two up for grabs are vice chairs for the LCBO and Cannibis control board of Ontario.

Let the comments start!

Guess the 40+ vacant spots on the other committees stay vacant for now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by greatwhite View Post
    For some jobs yes, Ottawa Police Force, Many Fire Depts, just to state two off the top of my head.
    As has been stated, to get your friend in ... OPP commissioner.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

I don't know much about the others, but I know who Patrick Brown is. How did he get on there? Why is he even on there? Shouldn't these boards be filled with people who have real life knowledge, people like yourself??
    Holy moly ,you were going to vote for Brown to run the entire province, but he is not good enough for a police board. Your priorities seem a little mixed up ....

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Frankly this surprised the heck out of me because Peel Region in general is pretty much Liberal dominated including City Hall.I suppose now that he is the Mayor of Brampton he gets the seat,so generally just politics.Does he know anything about police work,probably not,but neither does any of the rest on council.We just lost the Chief of Police out here and she also didn,t know anything about police work. LOL

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123