Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ontario Moose/Bear Allocation Advisory Committee

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Species8472 View Post
    Probably but that's okay because it goes both ways - just ask Taverner.
    Bingo!!! We have a winner, that sir is the point I was leading up to. Thanks for the short cut.

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Here’s a novel idea! How about getting people who actually know something about the issues !!!

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rick_iles View Post
    Here’s a novel idea! How about getting people who actually know something about the issues !!!
    Here,now,don't you dare try making sense. In Ontario,applicants must meet all criteria of "affirmative hiring". Whether they have the qualifications is absolutely immaterial.

Post-a-holic

User Info Menu

puppet show

i was on a deer advisory board 20 yrs ago. things discussed were extra tags, extended seasons, shotgun hunts, shotgun seasons etc. there was about 5 of us unconnected guys we were well educated and brought more ideas to the discussions then the team of MNR experts. In the end they did what ever they wanted. Only a fool knows everything and the MNR is full of fools. now they call it the EBR....

can't fight city hall we 5 took our 100 plus years of real world observations and experience and left the fools.
    If you keep doing what you've always done. You'll keep getting what you've always got!
    Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

For some jobs yes, Ottawa Police Force, Many Fire Depts, just to state two off the top of my head.

Quote Originally Posted by fishermccann View Post
    Granted, in that you are correct. Are you saying that they have lowered the standards to enable such quotas?
    "This is about unenforceable registration of weapons that violates the rights of people to own firearms."—Premier Ralph Klein (Alberta)Calgary Herald, 1998 October 9 (November 1, 1942 – March 29, 2013)

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Has anybody on here ever looked at applying. Some of you guy's have worked in the government and probably have the skill set.
    "This is about unenforceable registration of weapons that violates the rights of people to own firearms."—Premier Ralph Klein (Alberta)Calgary Herald, 1998 October 9 (November 1, 1942 – March 29, 2013)

Post-a-holic

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by greatwhite View Post
    Has anybody on here ever looked at applying. Some of you guy's have worked in the government and probably have the skill set.
    I can't believe you used government and skill set in the same sentence.
    If you keep doing what you've always done. You'll keep getting what you've always got!
    Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Has too much time on their hands

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SK33T3R View Post
    I can't believe you used government and skill set in the same sentence.
    It was the word "worked" that threw me off?
    Last edited by Bushmoose; January 18th, 2019 at 11:35 AM.
    Although care has been taken in preparing the information contained in the above post, the author does not and cannot guarantee its accuracy. All rights reserved.

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fishermccann View Post
    Granted, in that you are correct. Are you saying that they have lowered the standards to enable such quotas?
    I could give you my opinion, but my buddy's forced hiring practices as local police chief are more viable proof of it. To many variables involved. He's not allowed to simply hire the most qualified or best candidate.
    Last edited by cantgetright; January 18th, 2019 at 02:01 PM.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by greatwhite View Post
    Funny you should say that there was an ad in the Mississauga News that wanted a Region of Peel Police Services Board member.I thought for a laugh I would apply, I think I know a little about the Police service having been around them since 1971.Anyway looked at the present members and their political connections and with a College education decided it would probably be a waste of time even to apply.This is how I got onto the board site and saw how many positions were not filled.This is the current Peel Police Services Board:

https://www.peelpoliceboard.ca/en/wh...d-members.aspx

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast