Thread: Video: Pair of Fisher on the Cam 'Play Fighting' - Ottawa (Jan. 18)

Borderline Spammer

User Info Menu

Default Video: Pair of Fisher on the Cam 'Play Fighting' - Ottawa (Jan. 18)

Hello All,

Capturing a single fisher on the trail cam is a treat, but video footage of a pair play fighting I'm guessing is quite rare.

The fisher is a solitary animal, associating with other fishers only for mating. Since this takes place in late March to early April, my guess is these are a pair of juveniles, or perhaps just a twosome which wanted to have some fun in the snow. Or, the one is protecting the carcass from the other, in a not so aggressive manner. Who knows.

(Watch for the cool leap from the tree!)

Cheers,
    Justin

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Elite Member

User Info Menu

Very neat video Justin. I'm thinking some good sibling rivalry there, but that bigger one certainly was dominant in claiming it. Not a bad jump either lol. Fishers are in trees way more often than many realize, they are very good climbers.
    Also, they are not strictly carnivores, I've had them at my bear baits often eating bakery products, as I don't use meat. In fact I think the best Fisher pic I have might be the one with the front part of it out of the medium size barrel with a bagel in it's mouth, that's all the bear left behind. Sure wish I could find that one but it was a long time back.

Justin you'll have to start trolling for road kill hehe. Or maybe you know someone on a road crew or LEO, or any of your hundreds of followers on FB. The photo ops would be great, all you'd need is one of those ice fishing sleds to pull it in to your choice of location far enough away from the deer winter bedding areas.

Looking forward to more. Cheers

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

Neat stuff. I had one walk by me this past Nov while on a deer stand. I'd say he or she was no further than 40 yds away from me. It's was a cool siting cause up until then I hadn't seen a deer. Hope all is well and a belated Happy New Year to you....
    SkyBlue Big Game Blueticks

Apprentice

User Info Menu

Totally awesome.

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Great video Justin

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

Awesome video but play fighting over what looks like a bait pile?

Cool video though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk