New round, new discussion.

https://www.shootingillustrated.com/...end-cartridge/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Member for Life

User Info Menu

It's a stretched out .357 magnum - chambered for a rifle - with less power than most existing .35 calibre rifles. I'm not sure what their point was in introducing this - particularly in a bolt action rifle - that's the real head scratcher here. Usually I'm pretty keen on the larger diameter calibers - but this one - not so much.

Has all the answers

User Info Menu

Will be dead in no time like many wssm cartridges. Ballistics are poor to boot....

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by werner.reiche View Post
    It's a stretched out .357 magnum - chambered for a rifle - with less power than most existing .35 calibre rifles. I'm not sure what their point was in introducing this - particularly in a bolt action rifle - that's the real head scratcher here. Usually I'm pretty keen on the larger diameter calibers - but this one - not so much.
    It fits in an AR platform, a bigger bullet in an AR, no use in Canada but hey the 300 Blackout still exists so it may catch on down there.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

I also have to mention that it is straight walled, this matters in many states, there are different rifle classes for hunting.

Just starting out

User Info Menu

The straight wall argument for different state requirements was the only thing I could understand.

I agree not sure why you would make a bolt action platform for it to begin. Might have been a interesting choice in a semi/lever gun.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Saskfly View Post
    The straight wall argument for different state requirements was the only thing I could understand.

I agree not sure why you would make a bolt action platform for it to begin. Might have been a interesting choice in a semi/lever gun.

They made the 300 Blackout, essentially an AR platform 7.62x39, why not just make an AR chambered in 7.62x39.

A lot down there does not make sense for here.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Just another case of trying to boost sales in firearms and ammunition, there is always "some one " out there that just has to buy it .

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

Big discussion on Michigan outdoor form on it

Just starting out

User Info Menu

They liking it in the states?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast