Thread: Simcoe. Cooks bay. West side advice

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Default Simcoe. Cooks bay. West side advice

Good afternoon everyone. Hoping to head out and try simcoe for the first time on Monday. Would anyone be willing to share an access point with some parking that would not be too long of a walk. Thinking of the gilford/innisfil area. I donít mind paying for parking. And also is there somewhere I could buy minnows in the area. Thanks in advance for your help. Dan

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

If you're walking, Innisfil Beach Park has lots of parking, pay at the machine. Minnows can be had at the corner of highway 89 and Yonge St, right beside the gas station, s/w corner. Walk straight out from the park towards any of the huts, you don't have to go far.

Has too much time on their hands

User Info Menu

Depends what you are after. If perch and don't mind culling through a bunch of small ones for some decent keepers I'd stop at Gilford.
    up the 400 get of at bass pro north end of the plaza True Canadian outdoors for a scoop of minnows back on the 400 across 89 until you hit the lake.
    Time in the outdoors is never wasted

Getting the hang of it

User Info Menu

INNISFIL IS A SHORT WALK WITH PAY PARKING THERE ALSO IS A BAIT SHOP I BELIEVE AT HWY 89 and 11

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Thanks for the information guys. I really appreciate it. I’ll try to post to let you know how we make out tomorrow. Dan.

Just starting out

User Info Menu

True North Fishing Outfitters at 5417 Yonge St. Innisfil, ON L0L 1R0 as well as the Roadhouse Market(LeFroy Daisy Mart) 1382 Killarney Beach Rd. Lefroy, ON L0L 1W0 both sell minnows and are very close!