Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Clam Nanook 2 - Kokemachine's overview

  1. #1
    Getting the hang of it

    User Info Menu

    Default Clam Nanook 2 - Kokemachine's overview

    Here's a look at my fine Clam Nanook 2.
    Kokemachine, 4 EEL FISHING!
    Check me out on Instagram or Youtube!

  2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT
     

  3. #2
    Just starting out

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Thanks for the review. I like your little buddy

  4. #3
    Getting the hang of it

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tommycod View Post
    Thanks for the review. I like your little buddy
    Thanks, tommycod!
    Kokemachine, 4 EEL FISHING!
    Check me out on Instagram or Youtube!

  5. #4
    Borderline Spammer

    User Info Menu

    Default

    The thermal huts make a big difference in the cold Koke. I had the non insulated Nanook for many years and it was good but I gave it to my youngest boy and bought a thermal runner.
    It hardly needs any heat here in Southern Ontario. As always great report Koke
    Guns have two enemies................rust and government

  6. #5
    Getting the hang of it

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by huntnmachine View Post
    The thermal huts make a big difference in the cold Koke. I had the non insulated Nanook for many years and it was good but I gave it to my youngest boy and bought a thermal runner.
    It hardly needs any heat here in Southern Ontario. As always great report Koke
    Right on. Yeah I am finding on sunny days they really hold the heat even with the door open. Thanks for the good words.
    Kokemachine, 4 EEL FISHING!
    Check me out on Instagram or Youtube!

  7. #6
    Has too much time on their hands

    User Info Menu

    Default

    I also own this Thermal Nanook. Great review Koke.
    If I could add just a few additional points.
    I find there is also no condensation build up as compared to my friends non thermal hut.
    Also, not for everyone, but the first thing I did was remove the seats. As I use it mostly as a one man, a fold away chair is much lighter and takes up less room. Those seats that come with it are also not the most comfortable.
    The weight is a big deal when you are pulling it out in the deep snow.
    Great review!!

    Fshn 247
    Jay
    Four things I love to do.....Fish in the Spring, Summer, Fall and Winter!!!!

  8. #7
    Getting the hang of it

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Where did you buy it? Or did you have to order online and have shipped?

    I have been looking for a place in Southern Ontario to pick one up, and the only place I found is Bass Pro (too far)

  9. #8
    Getting the hang of it

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FSHN 247 View Post
    I also own this Thermal Nanook. Great review Koke.
    If I could add just a few additional points.
    I find there is also no condensation build up as compared to my friends non thermal hut.
    Also, not for everyone, but the first thing I did was remove the seats. As I use it mostly as a one man, a fold away chair is much lighter and takes up less room. Those seats that come with it are also not the most comfortable.
    The weight is a big deal when you are pulling it out in the deep snow.
    Great review!!

    Fshn 247
    Jay
    Yes, I do find there is no condensation. I started with the non-thermal and then bought the thermal and that is a great point. Great tip on the seats. I use mine mostly as a one man as well. Maybe I can lighten my load and take the chairs out.
    Kokemachine, 4 EEL FISHING!
    Check me out on Instagram or Youtube!

  10. #9
    Getting the hang of it

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisM23 View Post
    Where did you buy it? Or did you have to order online and have shipped?

    I have been looking for a place in Southern Ontario to pick one up, and the only place I found is Bass Pro (too far)
    I ordered the thermal tent replacement directly from Clam. I received it in a few days. The US-Canadian conversion rate is pretty depressing though. I purchased the basic Nanook from a buddy. I'm not sure where he got it originally.
    Kokemachine, 4 EEL FISHING!
    Check me out on Instagram or Youtube!

  11. #10
    Apprentice

    User Info Menu

    Default

    I have one too. Bought it from Tromblys in Orillia. I bought the tent, runners and cover. It's great, other than the seats which are very uncomfortable for my buddy and me. Quick set up. When I am done for the day I put it in the garage open it a bit and let it dry out from the snow collected on the way home. I also lube the sliding poles every year. I would buy another one if I had to.
    I'm retired .... Fishing is my job
    Frogger

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •