Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Loaded some new 270 rounds just for Wylie Coyote

  1. #1
    Needs a new keyboard

    User Info Menu

    Default Loaded some new 270 rounds just for Wylie Coyote

    Picked up a new to me Tikka T3 Stainless Hunter and decided to try some 90 GR Sierra HP Varmint bullets.

    These will run between 3500 and 3600 fps.

    Id like these as a backup to my 6.5X55 running 85 HPs.

  2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT
     

  3. #2
    Member for Life

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Years ago I was running 100 gr HP's in a 270. Pelts totally destroyed but a very accurate combo none the less.

  4. #3
    Member for Life

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hunter John View Post
    Years ago I was running 100 gr HP's in a 270. Pelts totally destroyed but a very accurate combo none the less.
    You can sat that again, lots of sewing involved if you are up to it, still the pelts bring next to nothing at the sale.

  5. #4
    Needs a new keyboard

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Close would likely destroy the pelt but these are for a farm where the Yotes run across a field between 200 and 355 yards out from our stands.

    It is a unique spot and tough to get them closer in that particular location.

    The bullet has a crappy BC of .195 so it sheds velocity fairly quickly. Doubt it would even exit past 200 yards.

    What I like about them is how well they work!

  6. #5
    Loyal Member

    User Info Menu

    Default

    I load Hornady V-Max 110 grain bullets with IMR 4064.....I can cover the 3 touching holes with a dime....crazy accurate in my 270 Tikka.

  7. #6
    Member for Life

    User Info Menu

    Default

    I loaded up a batch of Hornady Interlock (SP) 100gr 6.5 x 55.....but haven't tested them on a yote yet. I'm expecting they'll do well.

    During the fall I pick up a box of those Sierra 'Varminter' (HP) in 85 grs....haven't loaded any yet...did you find a sweet spot Jack ?

    Once the snow clears and I can get out back again. I'm going to do a few sets and see if the pack is still around. I haven't seen tracks/scat since the snow got deep. Getting an itchy finger
    Last edited by MikePal; March 15th, 2019 at 10:17 AM.
    Arte et marte (By Skill and by Fighting)...The RCEME motto

  8. #7
    Member for Life

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Big Jack View Post
    Picked up a new to me Tikka T3 Stainless Hunter and decided to try some 90 GR Sierra HP Varmint bullets.

    These will run between 3500 and 3600 fps.

    Id like these as a backup to my 6.5X55 running 85 HP’s.
    That's like hitting them with a lightening bolt. That T3 should do a lovely job. I use factory loads Hornady SST 110gr BT in Ruger M77 SS .270Win. I'm hunting open farmland,too,so,I'm not concerned with pelt retention.
    I like my firearms like Liberals like voters-----undocumented.

  9. #8
    Needs a new keyboard

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MikePal View Post
    I loaded up a batch of Hornady Interlock (SP) 100gr 6.5 x 55.....but haven't tested them on a yote yet. I'm expecting they'll do well.

    During the fall I pick up a box of those Sierra 'Varminter' (HP) in 85 grs....haven't loaded any yet...did you find a sweet spot Jack ?

    Once the snow clears and I can get out back again. I'm going to do a few sets and see if the pack is still around. I haven't seen tracks/scat since the snow got deep. Getting an itchy finger
    Hi Mike

    I did and have a great load for that 85 hp. I’ll pm you the details. It comes in around an inch at 300 yards.

  10. #9
    Needs a new keyboard

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hollywood View Post
    I load Hornady V-Max 110 grain bullets with IMR 4064.....I can cover the 3 touching holes with a dime....crazy accurate in my 270 Tikka.

    Going to play with those as well!

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •