Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: Rodent problem

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

I was up to 34 coons last year count is 16 this year if they step on what I cut for grass their dead.
    Hate possums their horse killers
    Ever see a possum 6 babies hanging on

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Member for Life

User Info Menu

There's a lot of possum around our area(Courtice-Newtonville). They've been here for many years,long enough to establish some large families. We see them mostly around late dusk and early dawn scavenging between houses. They're quite common.
    Society needs to stop bending to the will of the delusional.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by js4fn View Post
    ... Hate possums their horse killers...
    I am in Newmarket and have seen possums for the past few years in the area. A couple of horse farm owners have mentioned to me what you have said above, but what is the evidence of that..? Someone said that if a horse eats grass that has possum urine on it they will die!?

Getting the hang of it

User Info Menu

I didn't realize they weren't common across most of Ontario. I recall seeing the first one here in Niagara Falls back in 1983

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkman View Post
    I am in Newmarket and have seen possums for the past few years in the area. A couple of horse farm owners have mentioned to me what you have said above, but what is the evidence of that..? Someone said that if a horse eats grass that has possum urine on it they will die!?
    Urine and feces of possum can case nervous system damage to horses

Yes it’s urine on hay or straw feed to horses ponies and mules animals loose sense of where limbs are mild cases to severe acting like a drunk person

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678