Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Rodent problem

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

If you trap nuisence , animals, best to not release them. Where they will cause troubles for others. At our place we have a steady stream of stray cats, most are eliminated. old243

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Elite Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by old243 View Post
    If you trap nuisence , animals, best to not release them. Where they will cause troubles for others. At our place we have a steady stream of stray cats, most are eliminated. old243
    Interesting. I take it you're rural so noise isn't an issue. Do you use traps?
    pm if you prefer.

Cheers

Edit: I just looked back and saw your earlier post.
    Last edited by smitty55; March 11th, 2019 at 09:21 PM.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by smitty55 View Post
    I take it you're rural so noise isn't an issue.
    Between you and me...the 'Have a heart' traps slid down into a 45 gallon drum of water nicely...but don't tell anyone where you heard that tip from HaHa...,

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Fox View Post
    Yes, they may be here but they are covering their movements better than cougars if they are.
    He might be on to something...I heard there might be chupacabras in the area, but no one has ever seen them either HaHa..

Getting the hang of it

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by smitty55 View Post
    Interesting. I take it you're rural so noise isn't an issue. Do you use traps?
    pm if you prefer.

Cheers

Edit: I just looked back and saw your earlier post.
    Have a trap up with some food and a camera close by incase it decides to by pass the trap at least we can hopefully get a picture. As well we are rural enough if we catch anything nothing the 22 or 22-250 won't be able to handle and we won't get any complaints

Post-a-holic

User Info Menu

Possums definitely in the Quite area(Belleville). Numerous on the road dead. Ottawa cant be far behind.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by krakadawn View Post
    Possums definitely in the Quite area(Belleville). Numerous on the road dead. Ottawa cant be far behind.
    I agree there, they seem to be following the ticks, which follows climate change, but the last 2 winters have been cold and this winter has been cold and long, so we shall see what happens with the ticks.

Guys need to realize that these are tick eating machines, ideally let them be, just keep them out of your barns but they can be a benefit.

Elite Member

User Info Menu

There's possums in Ontario. No need to argue it. Just because you haven't seen them doesn't mean they aren't here. Just saw my first last year.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk
    "You don't own a cocker, you wear one"

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MikePal View Post
    Between you and me...the 'Have a heart' traps slid down into a 45 gallon drum of water nicely...but don't tell anyone where you heard that tip from HaHa...,
    [emoji106]

Mod Squad

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Fox View Post
    I agree there, they seem to be following the ticks, which follows climate change, but the last 2 winters have been cold and this winter has been cold and long, so we shall see what happens with the ticks.

Guys need to realize that these are tick eating machines, ideally let them be, just keep them out of your barns but they can be a benefit.
    They are also egg eating machines too. Bad news for turkey and grouse. Non native so no need for 'em here.
    Time in the outdoors is never wasted

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast