Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Rodent problem

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Scientific Name: Mustela erminea- [Stoat ]

Description:
    Ermines have features common to the weasel family like a long body, short legs, a long neck and a triangular-shaped head. They are a small weasel; males average 27 cm and females measure up at 24 cm with their tail adding another 7.5 cm to their length. Males are larger than females and weigh on average 80 g while females weigh an average of 54 g.

Ermines change the colour of their coats seasonally. In the summer, their backs are brown, their undersides are white and their tails sport a black tip. In the winter, they are completely white except for their black tipped tail.
    Last edited by jaycee; March 31st, 2019 at 10:31 AM.

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jaycee View Post
    Scientific Name: Mustela erminea- [Stoat ]

Description:
    Ermines have features common to the weasel family like a long body, short legs, a long neck and a triangular-shaped head. They are a small weasel; males average 27 cm and females measure up at 24 cm with their tail adding another 7.5 cm to their length. Males are larger than females and weigh on average 80 g while females weigh an average of 54 g.

Ermines change the colour of their coats seasonally. In the summer, their backs are brown, their undersides are white and their tails sport a black tip. In the winter, they are completely white except for their black tipped tail.
    Did not notice the end of the tail last night, and it's barely in picture. Looked at the right end of the picture today and what looks like a shadow is the tip of the tail.
    Take the warning labels off. Darwin will solve the problem.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

I remember one of the trappers on here told me to skin it out like a sleeve/tube and use it on my ATV handle grips....

It was the first time I worked with something that small and it didn't come out great, but did work.

Post-a-holic

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Pair88 View Post
    We caught a raccoon in the cage, smart little bugger. He would set trap off by walking around and hitting the back. So we put hay bails around the back side and top so he had to walk in to get the bait. Happen when I wasn't there so they relocated raccoon and nothing new yet been about a week so looks like the problem is solved for now
    A COON! HAH! who woulda guessed!

Has the problem been solved? Any more missing poultry?

Don't let your guard down - there's lots of them out there.
    If you keep doing what you've always done. You'll keep getting what you've always got!
    Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Shot 5 coons last spring in around the house that were wondering around in the middle of the day looking for food or new home.

Found out a few weeks later a neighbour seen a local pest control company dumping problem coons from a windmill a laneway on our road to get rid of them almost daily.

I'd love to have his home address to release some down his way, I could have a coon, cat,skunk or squirrel everyday I'd let go at his house.

If your going to trap it, either deal with it yourself SSS, quit taking it out to the "country" to set free.

/rant over lol

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk
    "If guns cause crime, all of mine are defective."

-Ted Nugent

Just starting out

User Info Menu

[QUOTE=Cass;1081116]There's possums in Ontario. No need to argue it. Just because you haven't seen them doesn't mean they aren't here. Just saw my first last year.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
    Last edited by frankee; April 5th, 2019 at 05:12 AM.
    Using Tapatalk

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

[QUOTE=frankee;1082128]
    Quote Originally Posted by Cass View Post
    There's possums in Ontario. No need to argue it. Just because you haven't seen them doesn't mean they aren't here. Just saw my first last year.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
    Oh ya for sure, saw one last evening, damm land shark.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

[QUOTE=frankee;1082128]
    Quote Originally Posted by Cass View Post
    There's possums in Ontario. No need to argue it. Just because you haven't seen them doesn't mean they aren't here. Just saw my first last year.
    Ontario is a very large place. You will not find coons in the far north of Ontario, you will not find deer either, we have not heard of one in our area yet, just south of Ottawa.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

[QUOTE=Fox;1082262]
    Quote Originally Posted by frankee View Post

Ontario is a very large place. You will not find coons in the far north of Ontario, you will not find deer either, we have not heard of one in our area yet, just south of Ottawa.
    I did get a big surprise on the 417 right at the Terry "Fox" exit no less, a couple months ago. 4AM, heading for Quebec and if I didn't have to come to a near stop for a big ole Possum. At first I thought I was a cat because I had never seen a Possum before. They are moving on in, I guess.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk
    How is it one careless cigarette can cause a forest fire, but it takes a whole box of matches to light a campfire?

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

Southern Ontario has had possums for over 25years. Don't remember when I first saw them, but I know that my dog got a small one cornered at our old house and see them dead all the time along the road

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast