Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tree stand or ground blind???

Member for Life

User Info Menu

New blinds provide 360 view..no blind spots...

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Member for Life

User Info Menu

[QUOTE=MikePal;1080945]New blinds provide 360 view..no blind spots...

--- ouch - 399 at cabelas.ca for the 180, 549 for the 270. They don't list the 360.

That's nice - I use an Ameristep "doghouse" for turkey. It has small windows maybe 16x12 on 3 sides. I hate it because of the poor visibility.

Just finishing up a plywood box blind with 360 visibility.
    Last edited by werner.reiche; March 18th, 2019 at 01:24 PM.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

When the terrain allows, I've always preferred ground blinds made from natural materials found near the site of the blind. These can be placed well back from your bait pile and in many cases offers better visibility and bears won't tear them apart. My favorite sites were placing a bait on one side of a marsh or any opening and shooting from the opposite side. With this setup there's a ton of warning as to the presence of a bear. Scent issues are a lot less as well.
    Tree stands can be uncomfortable and the higher you go the more limited or restricted your sighting becomes. As well, more branches have to be cleared to offer clean shooting lines and these are usually right around the bait pile which warns a bear of human activity. And if you use a self-climber these have to be carted in and out every hunting trip.
    Last edited by sawbill; March 18th, 2019 at 05:55 PM.

Borderline Spammer

User Info Menu

I have seen some Bear's by walking on the logging road 's in the morning ...
    Hunting Fair chase style , while others steal sleeping in their tents ...

Quote Originally Posted by gbk View Post
    Depends if you are are archery or rifle hunting.I recon for archery -tree stand is the way to go.
    For rifle-whatever the terrain allows You .As above mentioned, good spot on the ground is as good as a tree stand-if you can handle the "stress".I have a buddy who consistently shoots bears from a pop up blind.But-the blind is always 80-150 y from the bait.At that distance i think anyone can feel pretty safe.
    Spot and stalk is an option too-but You want to bait.
    Last edited by alfoldivandor; March 19th, 2019 at 08:59 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12