Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Snows gone and its time to walk the dogs

Has too much time on their hands

User Info Menu

Good influx of birds this week. Started off a bit rough as the first encounters was a coyote and a couple of cottontails. It wasn't long though for Nova to figure out that the birds are back in good numbers. Settled down nicely and was laser focused on them too the point were he was refusing his good point treat just so he could get on finding the next one.
    Birds were nicely scattered and seemed every puddle held a bird. Dozen good points made for a great outing.
    Got a bit of video(if it works) of why woodcock hunting with a pointer is a 2 man sport. You can hear the point where I released Nova what I didn't get was the FU its there look he gave me on the relocate.
    Always trust the dog.
    DSCN0092 (4) by [url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/153457252@N02/]
    Time in the outdoors is never wasted

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

Nice video FFF, that bird held tight! I saw it right at the end of the video ... Did it end up flushing or did it walk away?
    Lorenzo

User Info Menu

It tiptoed a bit before taking off. Still more concerned insuring Nova is steady to flush.

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

Your dog looks great, beautiful setter!

User Info Menu

Thanks for the compliment. He was the pick of the litter .....its nice when they develop into a decent gundog too.

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

woodcock are great little birds. I’ve been so busy with the kids that I haven’t been able to take Tessa out this spring ... hopefully soon before it’s too late.
    Lorenzo

User Info Menu

This week should see good numbers around here. Got to work tomorrow and Sunday may give the birds a rest with the weather forecasted. May not be able to get out again till Friday.

User Info Menu

So anyone else woke up this morning and threw up? With birds passing through snow was the last thing I (guess the birds too) wanted too see. Rest up little guys see ya again when the weather warms up.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Oh Ya, we have about 4 inches of that stuff overnight, the lion did roar!

Leads by example

User Info Menu

I got out this morning with my German shorthair. About 4” of snow on the ground but that didn’t stop the woodcock from moving through last night. Lots of finds and points with me stopping keeping count at the 12th bird. Quite a few doubles and one triple found. Must be a good flight moving through.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast