Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 19 of 19

Thread: 7.5X55

  1. #11
    Needs a new keyboard

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fox View Post
    Have you held one? They are tanks, no need to worry about reduced load, it is essentially a 308 round but the gun is almost 9 lbs.

    They are slick, the price for K31s will not go down, my plan is to look for one in Switzerland if they ever send me there for work , cut out the middle man, apparently the prices there are much more reasonable, I have a friend who has brought a couple back, him and his dad.
    Definitely a gun that could be mounted on a tank!

    I got to fire one awhile ago and a couple of the others thought it had a horrendous kick... I thought it was OK, about what is expected but some reduced charge would be nice for soft shouldered shooters to try or if the cost was good even just some regular shooting... it isn't ever going to be cheap to get or shoot anymore.

    Hmmm.... military rifle, shorten from the 1889 and 1911 models..... I wonder if the K11 and K31 would be classed as assault rifles....

    Good luck on the trip, make sure your paperwork is in order and the laws are THEN so you know what you need first.
    "It's disturbing that when it comes to the Christian faith, people don't really want, or know how, to investigate the evidence" - Daniel B. Wallace So why not learn?
    Sadly few remember kids: Compassion, Samaritans Purse, World Vision

  2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT
     

  3. #12
    Member for Life

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mosquito View Post
    Definitely a gun that could be mounted on a tank!

    I got to fire one awhile ago and a couple of the others thought it had a horrendous kick... I thought it was OK, about what is expected but some reduced charge would be nice for soft shouldered shooters to try or if the cost was good even just some regular shooting... it isn't ever going to be cheap to get or shoot anymore.

    Hmmm.... military rifle, shorten from the 1889 and 1911 models..... I wonder if the K11 and K31 would be classed as assault rifles....

    Good luck on the trip, make sure your paperwork is in order and the laws are THEN so you know what you need first.
    If I go I will make sure I know what I need to do before I leave that is for sure.

  4. #13
    Needs a new keyboard

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fox View Post
    If I go I will make sure I know what I need to do before I leave that is for sure.
    If you aren't going soon it might be too late for a reasonable priced one. Frontier is posting theirs at $830 and says

    "These come in very few at a time, so this time we purchased 50 rifles. They are set to arrive next week. At that time we will be taking photos of each rifle individually and posting them to the site. There are so few of these left on the market now, that Exporters are literally going to gun shows in Switzerland and buying these up."

    https://www.canadiangunnutz.com/foru...ext-Week/page4
    "34 rifles posted so far.... 19 left.

    http://frontierfirearms.ca/swiss-rifles/


    The wood shows some dings and scratches but some of the latest ones have beautiful blueing left.


    AND THEN THERE IS THIS ONE!
    https://www.corwin-arms.com/product/...ersary-rifle-0
    Last edited by mosquito; March 21st, 2019 at 05:58 PM.
    "It's disturbing that when it comes to the Christian faith, people don't really want, or know how, to investigate the evidence" - Daniel B. Wallace So why not learn?
    Sadly few remember kids: Compassion, Samaritans Purse, World Vision

  5. #14
    Member for Life

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mosquito View Post
    If you aren't going soon it might be too late for a reasonable priced one. Frontier is posting theirs at $830 and says

    "These come in very few at a time, so this time we purchased 50 rifles. They are set to arrive next week. At that time we will be taking photos of each rifle individually and posting them to the site. There are so few of these left on the market now, that Exporters are literally going to gun shows in Switzerland and buying these up."

    https://www.canadiangunnutz.com/foru...ext-Week/page4
    "34 rifles posted so far.... 19 left.

    http://frontierfirearms.ca/swiss-rifles/


    The wood shows some dings and scratches but some of the latest ones have beautiful blueing left.


    AND THEN THERE IS THIS ONE!
    https://www.corwin-arms.com/product/...ersary-rifle-0
    I looked into things, it may be impossible as you need to be a permanent resident or a citizen, unless I travel with the one guy I work with who is a Swiss citizen, then he may be able to buy one for me and bring it back. He said that the prices there are 50% of the price here, so buying one on your own and importing it yourself can be cheaper if you are already in country and have worked out all the legal requirements.

    No funds at the moment for anything like that so the availability now means nothing, sort of like when the SVT was cheap.

  6. #15
    Needs a new keyboard

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fox View Post
    I looked into things, it may be impossible as you need to be a permanent resident or a citizen, unless I travel with the one guy I work with who is a Swiss citizen, then he may be able to buy one for me and bring it back. He said that the prices there are 50% of the price here, so buying one on your own and importing it yourself can be cheaper if you are already in country and have worked out all the legal requirements.

    No funds at the moment for anything like that so the availability now means nothing, sort of like when the SVT was cheap.
    I just did a google search ...the boat on cheap ones is gone it seems... a few posts from 2013 on CGN
    Sep 23, 2013 - Swiss K31 Carbines in 7.5x55. Each comes with sling, muzzle cap and a 30cal swiss cleaning kit. Overall good to very good condition. $295.00 ..

    Feb 18, 2013 - We are offering a Swiss K31 & 480 Rounds of Swiss GP11. 599.99. These are all in nice condition with nice bores.


    The 1896/11 is looking good to me unless something amazing shows up on Frontier, the $240 difference makes it appeal more than a bit more ... the $3000 difference in the Corwin arms one puts that one WAY WAY WAY out of range ... but is still interesting to look at.
    "It's disturbing that when it comes to the Christian faith, people don't really want, or know how, to investigate the evidence" - Daniel B. Wallace So why not learn?
    Sadly few remember kids: Compassion, Samaritans Purse, World Vision

  7. #16
    Needs a new keyboard

    User Info Menu

    "It's disturbing that when it comes to the Christian faith, people don't really want, or know how, to investigate the evidence" - Daniel B. Wallace So why not learn?
    Sadly few remember kids: Compassion, Samaritans Purse, World Vision

  8. #17
    Needs a new keyboard

    User Info Menu

    "It's disturbing that when it comes to the Christian faith, people don't really want, or know how, to investigate the evidence" - Daniel B. Wallace So why not learn?
    Sadly few remember kids: Compassion, Samaritans Purse, World Vision

  9. #18
    Needs a new keyboard

    User Info Menu

    Default

    A cheap option if someone is interested.....
    $295 for a single shot sporter ... https://www.tradeexcanada.com/conten...-sporter-75x55

    or 1911 for $395 https://www.tradeexcanada.com/conten...-sporter-75x55


    also some more K11's 1911s etc. have shown up....

    Not really interested to me at this time but ... but the 8mm that also showed up has me rehearsing the lines...
    "I was just browsing and my credit card number got entered without me knowing it"
    "It was cyber Monday.. it's the law you have to buy something online"
    .... or pretend I didn't hear the wifes question about what I bought ....

    Think any will work?
    Last edited by mosquito; December 3rd, 2019 at 07:30 PM. Reason: added 2nd 7.5
    "It's disturbing that when it comes to the Christian faith, people don't really want, or know how, to investigate the evidence" - Daniel B. Wallace So why not learn?
    Sadly few remember kids: Compassion, Samaritans Purse, World Vision

  10. #19
    Needs a new keyboard

    User Info Menu

    Default

    .... and someone shooting a K31.... with iron sights.... at 2240 yards......
    https://americangg.net/tb-iron-sight-world-record/
    "It's disturbing that when it comes to the Christian faith, people don't really want, or know how, to investigate the evidence" - Daniel B. Wallace So why not learn?
    Sadly few remember kids: Compassion, Samaritans Purse, World Vision

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •