Page 1 of 12 1234567811 ... LastLast

Thread: Dont buy spring licence online

Apprentice

User Info Menu

Default Dont buy spring licence online

Just a warning to anyone thinking of going online to buy a licence in the next few weeks - DON'T!!

I tried to buy my spring turkey Thursday night, and all that printed was a licence summary - NO TAG!
    Called the MNRF this morning, and was told that there are "bugs still to be worked out in the online system".
    I now have to drive to my closest Service Ontario office to have them phone the MNRF to verify that I bought a licence, and then they can issue me the
    missing tag.

Go buy your licences at a licence issuer for now!

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

Can we still buy them at the regular locations (Canadian Tire, Sail etc.)?

Apprentice

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rf2 View Post
    Can we still buy them at the regular locations (Canadian Tire, Sail etc.)?
    As far as I know, YES.
    However, I had heard that some CTCs were getting out of the licencing issue, so phone first.

Has too much time on their hands

User Info Menu

I called them today and was told to go to service Ontario as well and they are waving the fee of $10 to get your tag back. The guy was nice and answered right away. unfortunately lots of Canadian tires don’t do the tags anymore, so I have to go to a service Ontario that’s out of my way LoL but at least I don’t have to pay again
    "Give a man a fish and he eats for a day, Teach a man to fish and he eats for the rest of his life"

User Info Menu

Umm...

Bought mine last week online.

You go into the Active licences tab, and then "print available documents"....and there it is...Spring Turkey Tag...

So not sure what the issue is?
    "Camo" is perfectly acceptable as a favorite colour.

Proud member - Delta Waterfowl, CSSA, and OFAH

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebulldog View Post
    Umm...

You go into the Active licences tab, and then "print available documents"....and there it is...Spring Turkey Tag...

Same. Only tag that did not print was my deer tag as it is pending based on the results of the antlerless draw later this year.
    Bring a compass. It's awkward when you have to eat your friends.
    Caedite eos. Novit enim Dominus qui sunt emus
    Cave ab homine unius libri

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebulldog View Post
    Umm...

That’s what I did but turkey tag said it was printed already. No clue on what’s going on. Everything else was smooth until it said that the tag was printed already.
    "Give a man a fish and he eats for a day, Teach a man to fish and he eats for the rest of his life"

User Info Menu

MNR was fast to respond but service Ontario is a disaster. Im used to getting up early before sunrise to hunt turkeys but I didn’t think I would have to do the same thing to get my tag lol seriously

Apprentice

User Info Menu

Over 1/2 hour wait at service ont. In St. catharines but I finally got my tag.
    The girl had to phone Toronto because system said my tag was printed already, but they okayed a new tag - no extra charge.
    Now everyone will need zip-lock bag to carry them in the field as they are just pages of paper - and this is supposed to be progress??

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by genec View Post
    - and this is supposed to be progress??
    No this is because of the age old practice of governments awarding contracts to the lowest bidder...you should see what happens when they supply the military with kit from the lowest bidder HaHa.
    Arte et marte (By Skill and by Fighting)...The RCEME motto

Page 1 of 12 1234567811 ... LastLast