Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Dont buy spring licence online

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Bought Karen's new card, three year fishing and hunting. Printed to PDF, and then print a few copies to hold on to till the plastic card with licenses print on back comes in.

No summary to carry, just PAL and Outdoor Card. Nothing has really changed there.
    If we get a big gameb or wolf/coyote tags, one water tight plastic tube is all we need.
    Take the warning labels off. Darwin will solve the problem.

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

If you save as pdf, it logs on their system that you have performed your one and only allowable print of your tag. Of you open that pdf you have saved the tag portion will be missing and you will only see the summary. If you go back online and try and print direct it shows that you have already printed it. This happened to my bear and turkey tag. I phoned in, explained that the computer at the office by default saves pdfs in queue for printing and it did not print my tags only the summary. He said yes, if you try and save the pdf it is supposed to delete the tags by default and log on the system that your one and only print has been used. You have to have direct access to the printer from the website to your computer with no one else printing at the same time, then it will print your summary and any tags you have purchased at once. He flagged my file, I went to CT and she had to phone them, they saw it was flagged and released it for printing which she did for me on the spot.
    I asked the guy what stops someone from just copying the tags, all he said was there are security measures in place to be able to detect if it was copied.
    As a side note, I ordered a 10 pack of waterproof clear plastic document holders with holes for a cable tie to attach the paper tags to the animal. Amazon baby, $8.99 for 10 pcs. Just an idea for attaching your tags after nothching.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

So,I guess the only solution is to go to Canadian Tire and let them do it?
    I like my firearms like Liberals like voters-----undocumented.

Proud supporter of OFAH,CCFR,NRA and A.F.& A.M.

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by trimmer21 View Post
    So,I guess the only solution is to go to Canadian Tire and let them do it?
    To be honest, seems the easiest. Or do some trial runs with printing pdfs at home. Try it online and worst case if you run into the issue I had just phone in and they can reset your account. Then go to Canadian tire. Like anything new there are going to be growing pains.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jerryklimczuk View Post
    To be honest, seems the easiest. Or do some trial runs with printing pdfs at home. Try it online and worst case if you run into the issue I had just phone in and they can reset your account. Then go to Canadian tire. Like anything new there are going to be growing pains.
    Thanks. CT it is,then. I'm not computer-savvy enough to attempt that without one of grandkids here.LOL

Post-a-holic

User Info Menu

I created my account yesterday.

Bought my Turkey, Bear & Deer tags. Also applied for the antlerless draw. very easy and I didn't have to leave home or call in and listen to that annoying voice recording telling me a bunch of useless privacy information... lol

It is true that you only have one chance to print the tag portions from the website. However while in PDF you can save a copy of your license summary & it also saves a copy of the tags. The copy of the tags will be useful if you happen to loose one or your dog eats it...

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by bellerivercrossbowhunter View Post
    I created my account yesterday.

Bought my Turkey, Bear & Deer tags. Also applied for the antlerless draw. very easy and I didn't have to leave home or call in and listen to that annoying voice recording telling me a bunch of useless privacy information... lol

It is true that you only have one chance to print the tag portions from the website. However while in PDF you can save a copy of your license summary & it also saves a copy of the tags. The copy of the tags will be useful if you happen to loose one or your dog eats it...
    I am not to sure about copies of the tags being a good idea.I spoke with the MNR last week and was told they know if a copy has been made as they have the technology to detect it so I will assume a copy from a PDF file may not be valid. This makes some sense as there must be some way to prevent having or using multiple tags and validating them with each deer you poach.

This link touches on the security features http://apps.mnr.gov.on.ca/public/fil...me-seals-e.pdf
    Last edited by Gilroy; April 16th, 2019 at 04:03 PM.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by trimmer21 View Post
    Thanks. CT it is,then. I'm not computer-savvy enough to attempt that without one of grandkids here.LOL
    I got my turkey licences today. It’s very easy to do. I just printed them out, rather that trying the PDF thing. Each time you buy a licence, an updated summary is produced. Pretty simple actually. I’m sure you won’t have any issues Trimmer...
    For those that think making multiple copies is a good idea, the out of court settlement fine is $730.00. Attaching one to an animal is $880.00. Pretty well all FWCA set fines have increased big time !!
    Last edited by rick_iles; April 16th, 2019 at 04:08 PM.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rick_iles View Post
    Attaching one to an animal is $880.00. Pretty well all FWCA set fines have increased big time !!
    I guess if the poacher is smart he won't use a copied tag..
    Arte et marte (By Skill and by Fighting)...The RCEME motto

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rick_iles View Post
    I got my turkey licences today. It’s very easy to do. I just printed them out, rather that trying the PDF thing. Each time you buy a licence, an updated summary is produced. Pretty simple actually. I’m sure you won’t have any issues Trimmer...
    For those that think making multiple copies is a good idea, the out of court settlement fine is $730.00. Attaching one to an animal is $880.00. Pretty well all FWCA set fines have increased big time !!
    You mean you printed them from the OMNRF website without downloading to pdf? I didn't know that was an option. Hell,I can do that much.

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast