Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Dont buy spring licence online

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by genec View Post
    Over 1/2 hour wait at service ont. In St. catharines but I finally got my tag.
    The girl had to phone Toronto because system said my tag was printed already, but they okayed a new tag - no extra charge.
    Now everyone will need zip-lock bag to carry them in the field as they are just pages of paper - and this is supposed to be progress??
    So this proves out that you can't simply print a 2nd tag ....it's a one shot deal .

It's only the license portion that you can save as a.pdf file and print as many times as you want.
    Last edited by MikePal; March 25th, 2019 at 02:24 PM.
    Arte et marte (By Skill and by Fighting)...The RCEME motto

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MikePal View Post
    So this proves out that you can't simply print a 2nd tag ....it's a one shot deal .

It's only the license portion that you can save as a.pdf file and print as many times as you want.
    Not so.

When i purchased mine it gave the option to print the both tag and license portions to a pdf file that was than downloaded and saved onto my hard drive. Did this for my bear tag. That pdf file allows you to print either the original tag or license as many times as you like. Tried it - no problem printing the original tag and license portions multiple times.

The only one shot deal is the link on the website. If you print directly to paper from that link than that's it. If however you select a pdf file as the printer destination than it's as many copies as you want all printed from the original.
    Last edited by Species8472; March 25th, 2019 at 03:41 PM.
    Bring a compass. It's awkward when you have to eat your friends.
    Caedite eos. Novit enim Dominus qui sunt emus
    Cave ab homine unius libri

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

Whats stopping anyone from photocopying the original tag. If your a poacher your not buying tags anyways, so it makes no difference
    "Give a man a fish and he eats for a day, Teach a man to fish and he eats for the rest of his life"

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Species8472 View Post
    Not so.

When i purchased mine it gave the option to print the both tag and license portions to a pdf file that was than downloaded and saved onto my hard drive. Did this for my bear tag. That pdf file allows you to print either the original tag or license as many times as you like. Tried it - no problem printing the original tag and license portions multiple times.

The only one shot deal is the link on the website. If you print directly to paper from that link than that's it. If however you select a pdf file as the printer destination than it's as many copies as you want all printed from the original.
    That’s great, if we get a tag, our Moose gang can make up tags for the 15+ years we never got any...
    Last edited by Deer Hunter; March 25th, 2019 at 06:13 PM.
    "When you piss in the wind, you will get your feet wet."
    Deer Hunter

Just starting out

User Info Menu

If you can save it to pdf. and print as many times as you like, this makes it easier to be a poacher. And harder to catch a poacher. You buy you license/tag, save to pdf. and then print off a bunch. You harvest an animal so you notch one of the tags etc. Transport animal home, butcher in your garage, and into the freezer. If a CO or someone happens to see you or stop you, then your just a law abiding hunter with your harvest. If no one sees you or stops you, then you can go out and do it again the following week.....

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Leads by example

User Info Menu

I went to Cabela's today to get my tag. As I was walking in the parking lot I realized my outdoors card was still in my hunting vest from grouse season. Still went to look at the guns.
    Make sure you have finished speaking before your audience has finished listening.

Dorothy Sarnoff

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by tom gobble View Post
    Whats stopping anyone from photocopying the original tag. If your a poacher your not buying tags anyways, so it makes no difference
    Quote Originally Posted by Deer Hunter View Post
    That’s great, if we get a tag, our Moose gang can make up tags for the 15+ years we never got any...
    Quote Originally Posted by someJoe View Post
    If you can save it to pdf. and print as many times as you like, this makes it easier to be a poacher. And harder to catch a poacher. You buy you license/tag, save to pdf. and then print off a bunch. You harvest an animal so you notch one of the tags etc. Transport animal home, butcher in your garage, and into the freezer. If a CO or someone happens to see you or stop you, then your just a law abiding hunter with your harvest. If no one sees you or stops you, then you can go out and do it again the following week.....

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
    The only caveat is the following statement located below the tag:

It is illegal to create or be in possession of a modified, copied or counterfeit tag.

With this statement in mind as soon as my experiment proved that the original could be printed more than once i destroyed the second print. Technically speaking though I did not create, copy, modify or counterfeit anything. I printed the original a second time the same as if you went to Service Ontario and requested a replacement tag for one that had been lost. The second print was as original as the first - no copying involved. None the less the intent seems clear - print it only once.
    Last edited by Species8472; March 25th, 2019 at 06:53 PM.
    Bring a compass. It's awkward when you have to eat your friends.
    Caedite eos. Novit enim Dominus qui sunt emus
    Cave ab homine unius libri

Member for Life

User Info Menu

I'm surprised they allow the PDF to be printed more than once. You can code the PDF to have a counter and record how often it is printed.
    "This is about unenforceable registration of weapons that violates the rights of people to own firearms."—Premier Ralph Klein (Alberta)Calgary Herald, 1998 October 9 (November 1, 1942 – March 29, 2013)

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by greatwhite View Post
    I'm surprised they allow the PDF to be printed more than once. You can code the PDF to have a counter and record how often it is printed.
    Only works if the OS is windows. Unix, linux and power users of windows just have to use a couple extra key strokes and it's printable any time.
    Take the warning labels off. Darwin will solve the problem.

Apprentice

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by tom gobble View Post
    x2
    What doesn't it even matter. Either someone is going to notch their tag or not notch it. It always been an honesty system.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast