Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Snows gone and its time to walk the dogs

Mod Squad

User Info Menu

Default Snows gone and its time to walk the dogs

Spring isn't quite here yet but snow is gone and time to walk the dogs. Out for a good walk with Nova for a long needed stretch. Still a lot of sheet ice in the bush and paths but starting to open up. Knew it was too early to find anything but on the way out did see a flock of redwings. Really don't get too excited till the grackles show up but them redwings are a good sign birds are moving up.
    Next couple of weeks should be fun.
    Time in the outdoors is never wasted

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Member for Life

User Info Menu

When the snow leaves that means picking up dog poop that was hidden in the snow. Oh well, there are worse things.
    I’m suspicious of people who don't like dogs, but I trust a dog who doesn't like a person.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

I hear you Terry. Not fun. We were out yesterday and it was a beautiful walk at a conservation area. Ice still iffy on the creeks and lakes so have to be on the alert.
    " We are more than our gender, skin color, class, sexuality or age; we are unlimited potential, and can not be defined by one label." quote A. Bartlett

Member for Life

User Info Menu

This time of year I won’t go anywhere near water. Too easy to lose a dog through the ice.
    I’m suspicious of people who don't like dogs, but I trust a dog who doesn't like a person.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

The Grackles have been here all this past week, flocks of over 100 birds.

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

No more snow...WOW must be nice. I bet we still have 5 feet in the bush. We got nailed good this year.
    "Only dead fish go with the flow."
    Proud Member: CCFR, CSSA, OFAH, NFA.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Took the boys for a walk in the sun but the ice covered snow here cost my Burmese his CCL (cranial cruciate ligament ) ..so off tomorrow to see the vet and talk about a possible TPLO.... just frigging lovely
    Last edited by MikePal; March 17th, 2019 at 05:07 PM.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MikePal View Post
    Took the boys for a walk in the sun but the ice covered snow here cost my Burmese his CCL (cranial cruciate ligament ) ..so off tomorrow to see the vet and talk about a possible TPLO.... just frigging lovely
    That sucks !!! How did he do that ??

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rick_iles View Post
    That sucks !!! How did he do that ??
    Tried to crawl his way up out of a ditch...leg slipped on the ice and he fell.
    Thank God we have pet insurance for him !!

Has all the answers

User Info Menu

I took my non bird dog out exploring the bush today, such a nice time of the year. One too close encounter with a porcupine, saw a muskrat, and found a shed antler, I assume it's old. The ice was very fragile so we had to take it easy and watch our step. No bird sightings to speak of. Crazy amount of coyote sign including a pack howling nearby.

Just happy to stretch the legs.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast