Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Resident launches lawsuit over coyotes

Member for Life

User Info Menu

For several years after I gave up Tree spraying with stuff like Diazinon, Sevin, Dursban (Tree's up to 75 ft. working in Lawn and tree care, not a mosquito touched me at all I seemed to be immuned.

So far lucky that was 19 years ago no side affects yet................

Quote Originally Posted by MikePal View Post
    especially since they won't approve sales of products for Humans with Permethrin that provide protection from ticks..

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Post-a-holic

User Info Menu

I have been using Permethrin products for over 25 yrs. It was only available in the USA. I would buy it and bring it home. No smuggling - just said it was mosquito spray from Wal-Mart. I used it during the spring bear hunt before it was shut down. Sprayed all my clothes. I still use it today and always have a couple quarts on hand. Started hunting turkeys in 1988 - first season in Niagara. To this day I have only ever had one tick actually attach to my upper leg. Had a couple walk on me - BUT other then that ZILCH. The stuff WORKS! Others hunting around me sometimes get 10 to 20 ticks on them walking around.
    back to the thread .. coyotes are invasive species and should be treated accordingly. and for the record I know that coyote watch woman real good .... sorry to say at times ... she's saving them and I'm shooting every one I see! all 4 seasons too. makes for some interesting arguments.
    If you keep doing what you've always done. You'll keep getting what you've always got!
    Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SK33T3R View Post
    I and for the record I know that coyote watch woman real good .... sorry to say at times ... she's saving them and I'm shooting every one I see! all 4 seasons too. makes for some interesting arguments.
    sounds like your married to her.
    Take the warning labels off. Darwin will solve the problem.

Post-a-holic

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Snowwalker View Post
    sounds like your married to her.
    You're a real riot there ...snowwalker!
    I woulda never lasted past the 1st date with her. Probably just be getting out around now! From Kingston!
    She feels the same way about me .... I'm sure.

Anyway I'm sure the wolf / coyote bubble will burst some day soon.
    It will take the death a child which is the real tragedy.
    BUT of course it will be the child's fault for looking like food when he/she strayed outside of the 10' foot tall safety fencing that ALL children and pets were required to stay in .... pursuant to some town or city "coyotes have rights too" bylaw.
    If you keep doing what you've always done. You'll keep getting what you've always got!
    Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SK33T3R View Post
    You're a real riot there ...snowwalker!
    I woulda never lasted past the 1st date with her. Probably just be getting out around now! From Kingston!
    She feels the same way about me .... I'm sure.

Anyway I'm sure the wolf / coyote bubble will burst some day soon.
    It will take the death a child which is the real tragedy.
    BUT of course it will be the child's fault for looking like food when he/she strayed outside of the 10' foot tall safety fencing that ALL children and pets were required to stay in .... pursuant to some town or city "coyotes have rights too" bylaw.
    First people tend to know their enemies as well or better then their loved ones.

Second you are right about the death of a child. It's not like their have not been attacks in the past, they are just swept under the rug. A grown healthy woman is attack and eaten by two large Coyotes. Whole coverage lasted less then three days.
    Take the warning labels off. Darwin will solve the problem.

Elite Member

User Info Menu

i was just in Mississauga on Saturday seen 2 coyotes right off of mavis in the hartland patch of grass before the 401. right off the road just staring at the traffic. pretty nuts.

Mod Squad

User Info Menu

Years ago. When I worked for Dufferin County, there was much debate in council about enacting the coyote bylaw, and the bounty on the ears....

There was the typical hue and cry from the city transplants...who were obviously opposed. They even went as far as to have a "wildlife biologist" attend a council session and give a talk about other control methods:

The biologist gave a lengthy presentation, and opined that by using bait with "chemical castrators" they could interrupt the breeding cycle...

An old farmer stood up in council:.......

"Sir, with all due respect to your education, and the study you have presented....I don't think you quite appreciate the dilemma we're facing.....you see sir.....they're not f5#king the sheep........they're eating them"

.......not a dry eye in the house......

And if you do an FOI request for Dufferin County Council, in and around October 2007 or so.....you'll actually see it in the minutes.....
    "Camo" is perfectly acceptable as a favorite colour.

Proud member - Delta Waterfowl, CSSA, and OFAH

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bushmoose View Post
    As my tree hugging, save the animals, anti everything, self rightous b##ch neighbour says... coyotes have to eat too!
    Not sure how a law suit of this nature will proceed, but if it does, many communities will do wise to take note.
    Yep,I have one of them,too,until Coyotes tore up his cat. You should have heard the boo-hooin',then.
    Society needs to stop bending to the will of the delusional.

Has all the answers

User Info Menu

Coming to a town near you soon....

https://blackburnnews.com/windsor/wi...-attacked-dog/

A LaSalle woman is raising the alarm after a coyote attacked and killed her pet dog in her yard Tuesday.

Lori Quaggiotto lives on Bouffard Road between Matchette Road and Malden Road and was outside with her three dogs when the coyote jumped her fence and grabbed Maggie Sue, a year-and-a-half-old Yorkie Poo.

“Maggie saw a bird, and she was just kind of chasing the bird, and then I turned and heard the two dogs from our neighbours start to get loud,” she recalled. “Within 30 seconds, a coyote had jumped the fence and snatched Maggie and took her.”

She said she had been concerned about coyotes in the area for some time and never let her dogs out supervised. She had even surveyed the yard beforehand, but it happened so fast she had little time to react.

While coyotes typically avoid humans in urban areas, especially during the day, they hunt at all hours of the day if they are feeding pups, and Quaggiotto believes there is a den of pups near her home.

© Can Stock Photo / rodehi
    A coyote. © Can Stock Photo / rodehi

She said the coyotes appear to be getting bolder too.

“There’s been people that have contacted me that have said their dog had been attacked while on a leash while they were walking them,” she explained. “There’s been another person that told us the coyotes have been on her back porch.”

Quaggiotto said she had first started calling town officials about it back in January. Since Tuesday’s attack, she has been on the phone with her town councillor, LaSalle Police, Erie Wildlife Rescue, and has been trying to get through to the Ministry of Natural Resources. So far, officials have told her there might not be much that can be done.

Asked if she was afraid the coyotes might attack a small child, Quaggiotto responded, “I don’t know — but if we didn’t say anything, we would feel guilty if something happened.”

Meanwhile, Quaggiotto said the community has been very supportive after the loss of Maggie Sue, and she hopes to speak before LaSalle Town Council about it Tuesday night

Member for Life

User Info Menu

It sad, but until the problem is addressed, there will more and more more 'Maggie Sues' getting snatched up by these vermin.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast