Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 83

Thread: Printing Deer Tag?

  1. #21
    Post-a-holic

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Agree Gilroy,
    It is totally arrogant to thing everyone has a "home office". Many don't.

    Publicly available computers/printers exist, like at a public library.
    But there is no way I would type my credit card info into a public computer.

    So the only choice for many will be a Service Ontario office

  2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT
     

  3. #22
    Member for Life

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by johny View Post
    Agree Gilroy,
    It is totally arrogant to thing everyone has a "home office". Many don't.

    Publicly available computers/printers exist, like at a public library.
    But there is no way I would type my credit card info into a public computer.

    So the only choice for many will be a Service Ontario office
    I agree! I know guys that do not have the equipment, or the knowledge how to use them. Opening the system to serious abuse is another matter. Some clown in an office somewhere, that likely has never hunted or spent time outside of said office, made this unilateral decision to put our resources in jeopardy. They totally disregarded all good advice coming from the enforcement division. Now, they are stuck trying to protect what little resources we have left, with their hands tied..... nice !! Id rather pay the 2 bucks !!!

  4. #23
    Member for Life

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by johny View Post
    Agree Gilroy,
    It is totally arrogant to thing everyone has a "home office". Many don't.

    Publicly available computers/printers exist, like at a public library.
    But there is no way I would type my credit card info into a public computer.

    So the only choice for many will be a Service Ontario office
    So what about ford saying every child will have to do 4 classes in high school on line. Fair-unfair?

  5. #24
    Member for Life

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Canadian Tire,Service Ontario and many private gun shops still do license sales. Nobody needs to outfit a home office just to print licenses and tags and no government said you did,not even the Liberals came up with that one. The very idea is preposterous.
    I like my firearms like Liberals like voters-----undocumented.

    Proud supporter of OFAH,CCFR,NRA and A.F.& A.M.

  6. #25
    Member for Life

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by trimmer21 View Post
    Canadian Tire,Service Ontario and many private gun shops still do license sales. Nobody needs to outfit a home office just to print licenses and tags and no government said you did,not even the Liberals came up with that one. The very idea is preposterous.
    x2 ...No kidding , lots of options and no extra effort required.

    If you don't have the equipment at home it's not the first time you would have had to use service like Staples or Office Depot to print, copy or Fax a file for you.

    No different with this system, put the file on a Thumb Drive and go just about anywhere to have someone print it off for a stipend.

    Further more...no one said to have to use the on-line service....got to where you buy it in person like you have in the past.

    Good Hunters must learn to adapt ....the military uses the term "whiners and bed wetters" for those that fail to
    Last edited by MikePal; April 20th, 2019 at 05:53 PM.
    Arte et marte (By Skill and by Fighting)...The RCEME motto

  7. #26
    Apprentice

    User Info Menu

    Default

    I do agree with whatever Ford is doing for us and for our children.
    All the debt we accumulated to appease certain ppl in the province,to win the next and the next election......glad it ended.Hope will not return for a long time.

    Yet-we must admit,this thing with the new system could be handled better,far batter.The Ford Government can handle few issues as this- just because i support them,it does not have to mean i agree with everything they do.


    Pointing to issues to them and have them fixed for us could make them only so STRONGER.
    Hope they listen and change this thing,it sucks.

  8. #27
    Member for Life

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gbk View Post
    Pointing to issues to them and have them fixed for us could make them only so STRONGER.
    Hope they listen and change this thing,it sucks.
    The 'new' system is because of the open market contract biding and the MNR finding a cheaper alternative to what we had. The company that won the contract to provide this service for the MNR is from the US and thsi new system is basically the same one now in use by millions of hunters, in many states. They are able to keep our annual costs down by us adopting their systems, already in place and not having to redesign and modify it (too heavily). It works and is workable in our province once people get over the histrionics and accept it.

    I still remember the huge brouhaha on here over the change to the new Outdoor Cards a few years back. I think some guys are still suffering PTSD because of the trauma inflicted when they were forced to change.
    Arte et marte (By Skill and by Fighting)...The RCEME motto

  9. #28
    Member for Life

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MikePal View Post
    x2 ...No kidding , lots of options and no extra effort required.

    If you don't have the equipment at home it's not the first time you would have had to use service like Staples or Office Depot to print, copy or Fax a file for you.

    No different with this system, put the file on a Thumb Drive and go just about anywhere to have someone print it off for a stipend.

    Further more...no one said to have to use the on-line service....got to where you buy it in person like you have in the past.

    Good Hunters must learn to adapt ....the military uses the term "whiners and bed wetters" for those that fail to
    Clearly you are not reading the posts,my Service Ontario on the way to the cabin in Norwood no longer sells the licenses.Maybe the cost for them was to much for set up.They directed me to Peterborough,which if you live in the Norwood area is a trip which cost you in gas,parking and time.This whole set up is convenient for the government and inconvenient for the rest of the hunters,especially people in rural areas some who do not even have internet services.

  10. #29
    Member for Life

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MikePal View Post
    The 'new' system is because of the open market contract biding and the MNR finding a cheaper alternative to what we had. The company that won the contract to provide this service for the MNR is from the US and thsi new system is basically the same one now in use by millions of hunters, in many states. They are able to keep our annual costs down by us adopting their systems, already in place and not having to redesign and modify it (too heavily). It works and is workable in our province once people get over the histrionics and accept it.

    I still remember the huge brouhaha on here over the change to the new Outdoor Cards a few years back. I think some guys are still suffering PTSD because of the trauma inflicted when they were forced to change.
    WELL if the system we are using is the same USA based cheapest market value system which was used last year and the year before WHY NOT KEEP THE PHONE IN APPLICATION,WITH ITS WEATHER PROOF TAG,SELECTION OF WMU ON THE PHONE, and so forth?It remains to be seen if it will work in this Province
    and we already have posted numerous problems that have already occurred and we are not really into the hunt stage.

    How you can say no extra effort required and then go on to describe trips to Staples or Office depot to print a copy for a stipend is pretty funny.Do we all have these stores near us ANSWER is NO.Do we all have a library near us answer is NO.Do we all have a Service Ontario near us even offering license sales the answer is NO.

    Do you see a pattern developing here,how about just keeping the phone in system and stop trying to re invent the wheel.

    If you cannot see the difficulties which the MNR officers are going to face in light of this changes I really am at a loss for words.

  11. #30
    Member for Life

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by trimmer21 View Post
    Canadian Tire,Service Ontario and many private gun shops still do license sales. Nobody needs to outfit a home office just to print licenses and tags and no government said you did,not even the Liberals came up with that one. The very idea is preposterous.
    Not so fast Trimmer. There are four service Ontario offices in Brampton for instance,only one sells licenses.There are service Ontario offices that have completely stopped selling licenses,ie Norwood up your way.Is it fair to ask hunters in that area to drive to Peterborough?

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •