Thread: Most accurate release

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

Default Most accurate release

Put a post here looking for TRX 38 bow. Found a super deal. I have a trufire single hook release to hunt. Very accurate. Is there anything better for ultra accuracy. Thumb releases uh uh just can't get anchored properly. Too much bulk. Thoughts?

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Just starting out

User Info Menu

It's all personal preference. Try different types and see what works best for you. To give each type a fair chance it takes more than just a few shots to see how it feels, you need to actually shoot for a bit to get comfortable with the chosen release. Me I'm still using a Carter Target 4 that is probably 20 years old...

Borderline Spammer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by thunderbolt View Post
    It's all personal preference. Try different types and see what works best for you. To give each type a fair chance it takes more than just a few shots to see how it feels, you need to actually shoot for a bit to get comfortable with the chosen release. Me I'm still using a Carter Target 4 that is probably 20 years old...
    X2 you hold the accuracy.... not the release .
    Glen

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

For the sake of getting familiar with different types of releases I ordered a couple chinese knock-offs to see what works for me, rather than plunging out a couple hundred on one style of release I might not like or use.

I would not use them over the long-term, but they served a purpose for a short period of time. I would never hunt with them, or trust them over a period of time longer than it takes to comfortable with it and know whether or not you want to go with that style of release.

Getting the hang of it

User Info Menu

I found having a release that can adjust appropriately to your hand/anchor position has been the best option for me. I used a truball beast 2 when I used wrist releases since I found the short bar and swept trigger very comfortable without reaching for the trigger at shot. I have moved onto thumb releases now and you get what you pay for. I have 2 Stan releases (SX3 and Shootoff) and I love them. Being able to adjust the trigger travel, tension and thumb barrel length and angle allows me to adjust the release to my anchor point, rather than the other way around.

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ride.lift.shoot View Post
    For the sake of getting familiar with different types of releases I ordered a couple chinese knock-offs to see what works for me, rather than plunging out a couple hundred on one style of release I might not like or use.

I would not use them over the long-term, but they served a purpose for a short period of time. I would never hunt with them, or trust them over a period of time longer than it takes to comfortable with it and know whether or not you want to go with that style of release.
    You're right releases can cost a small fortune. I probably have over $1000 tied up just in releases. Best bet is to find a club and see if members there will let you try their releases out so you don't need a bank loan.

Has all the answers

User Info Menu

winn free flight release for hunting for me tried others but prefer this one, most accurate for me !

Getting the hang of it

User Info Menu

Yup, it's a personal preference thing. The most accurate release though is proper back tension!