Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2019 Turkey Mandatory Reporting

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Default 2019 Turkey Mandatory Reporting

Requirements: All hunters that purchase or are issued a tag to hunt moose, elk, deer, bear, wild turkey and wolf/coyote (in WMUs where a tag is required) must complete a hunter report. You are required to complete a hunter report even if you did not participate in the hunt or harvest an animal. Hunters who fail to report or who provide false or misleading information are subject to penalties, including fines and possible restrictions on the ability to purchase a licence or tag the following year. The new automatic licence penalties are being phased in to give hunters the opportunity to become familiar with the new requirements and the reporting service.

Generally, hunter reports must be submitted within 14 days following the end of the last hunting season for that species. Moose and black bear hunters who are issued a validation certificate (e.g., from a moose tourist outfitter, bear operator, or from a Ministry office) must provide their report back to the relevant issuer within 7 days of the close of the season. All hunters are encouraged to provide their report as soon as possible once they know their hunt is completed. Reports must be submitted in a timely manner to ensure accuracy and support harvest planning

Spring Wild Turkey Hunter Report in by June 14, 2019
    Fall Wild Turkey Hunter Report November 14, 2019
    Last edited by MikePal; April 14th, 2019 at 06:29 AM.
    Arte et marte (By Skill and by Fighting)...The RCEME motto

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Member for Life

User Info Menu

I hope they (MNRF) send me a reminder as I am on their email list....because I may forget if they don't or no-one on this forum reminds me
    "Everything is easy when you know how"
    "Meat is not grown in stores"

Has all the answers

User Info Menu

I guess there's nothing stopping you from reporting the next day as you have up to now.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by redd foxx View Post
    I guess there's nothing stopping you from reporting the next day as you have up to now.
    That would be the safest bet !!

Has too much time on their hands

User Info Menu

So heres a question. Do you also report the days you hunted after you fill your 2 tags? ie say you're calling for another hunter?
    JMathews this may be particular interest too you.
    Time in the outdoors is never wasted

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by finsfurfeathers View Post
    So heres a question. Do you also report the days you hunted after you fill your 2 tags? ie say you're calling for another hunter?
    IMHO, it would depend on the question. If the question was, how many days did you hunt turkeys, then you would answer accordingly.
    I usually fill one tag early, then hunt pretty much the whole season calling for our group of guys, then hunt the last week solo to fill my second tag. I would obviously answer accordingly.
    Last edited by rick_iles; April 13th, 2019 at 12:43 PM.

Leads by example

User Info Menu

This isn't new, but you could see how if someone was being very selective for a big tom, and had lots of days to hunt, it would skew the data.
    Make sure you have finished speaking before your audience has finished listening.

Dorothy Sarnoff

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by finsfurfeathers View Post
    Yes, if you have ever submitted a report in the past there are a lot of questions that have nothing to do with the species that was hunted, including coyote and wolf numbers seen, animals seen that were being hunted for and days in the field.

Apprentice

User Info Menu

So does bear have to be reported after the Spring season or at the end of the year ?
    Glen

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by G Skinner View Post
    So does bear have to be reported after the Spring season or at the end of the year ?
    Glen
    From the regs..

Spring Resident Black Bear Hunter Report June 29, 2019
    Fall Resident Black Bear Hunter Report December 14, 2019
    Arte et marte (By Skill and by Fighting)...The RCEME motto

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast