Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The CCFR Is Getting Sued?

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Default The CCFR Is Getting Sued?

There was a thread earlier asking about which Canadian Firearms organizations would be worth joining. As some responded there is a lot of infighting within and with each other.

Here's a perfect example :

The letter from the NFA..https://drive.google.com/file/d/1pWg...qBfVPz8W3/view

(edit add: this alone would have me cancelling my membership with the NFA)

CCFR response.

Last edited by MikePal; April 13th, 2019 at 04:55 AM.
    Arte et marte (By Skill and by Fighting)...The RCEME motto

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Member for Life

User Info Menu

NFA seems to be going into a complete meltdown. Sheldon Clare seems to think he's an entity unto himself. His law suit will never see the light of day. The NFA need to fold their tent,once and for all.
    I like my firearms like Liberals like voters-----undocumented.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Technically, the CCFR is suing the NFA....

The NFA had their lawyer send the CCFR a cease-and-desist letter; the CCFR responded by filing a lawsuit against the NFA and taking the dispute public.

The NFA's complaint looks to me to be without merit & motivated by pettiness. It looks like an attempt to disrupt the CCFR over old grudges.

The CCFR's response looks to be motivated by spite. It looks like an attempt to harm the NFA's standing and to continue an old fight.

Fact: this was a private dispute until the CCFR made it public. Their attack on the NFA re creating a public gong show is therefore kind of weak....

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
    "The language of dogs and birds teaches you your own language."
    -- Jim Harrison (1937 - 2016)

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by welsh View Post

The NFA had their lawyer send the CCFR a cease-and-desist letter; the CCFR responded by filing a lawsuit against the NFA and taking the dispute public.

The NFA's complaint looks to me to be without merit & motivated by pettiness. It looks like an attempt to disrupt the CCFR over old grudges.

The CCFR's response looks to be motivated by spite. It looks like an attempt to harm the NFA's standing and to continue an old fight.

Fact: this was a private dispute until the CCFR made it public. Their attack on the NFA re creating a public gong show is therefore kind of weak....

CCFR has applied for a judicial review of NFA's statement of claim. That's not a lawsuit....yet. Anyone with a modicum of legal sense can see what the attempt by NFA actually was. CCFR would be foolish to sit idly by and let someone like Sheldon Clare intimidate them with that foolishness. For that matter,I can't imagine anyone putting up with it.
    Last edited by trimmer21; April 13th, 2019 at 11:19 AM.
    I like my firearms like Liberals like voters-----undocumented.

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

It blows me away that we have to fight the media the uneducated public the goverments at all levels to keep our privalges and we cannt get along among ourselves . We need to get along and be strong for present and future advacements on our privalges, Just my 2 cents

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Nope. The NFA picked a fight, took a swing and CCFR counter punched their lights out. LOL.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Badenoch View Post
    Nope. The NFA picked a fight, took a swing and CCFR counter punched their lights out. LOL.
    That's actually what I said ... but I am also pointing out that

(a) it is the CCFR that actually initiated the court action, and

(b) it was the CCFR that made this fight public.

Out of one side of his mouth, Rod is criticizing the NFA for making the whole pro-gun side look like squabbling children. Out of the other side, he's using the situation to do as much damage to the NFA as he can

Just starting out

User Info Menu

That's actually what I said ... but I am also pointing out that

(a) it is the CCFR that actually initiated the court action, and

(b) it was the CCFR that made this fight public.

Out of one side of his mouth, Rod is criticizing the NFA for making the whole pro-gun side look like squabbling children. Out of the other side, he's using the situation to do as much damage to the NFA as he can

You make it sound like the NFA is the aggrieved party here. The morons at the NFA started the fight by threatening a suit and demanding all of the CCFR revenues. The CCFR is responding. Sheldon Clare deserves whatever bootstomping ensues.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Badenoch View Post
    You make it sound like the NFA is the aggrieved party here.
    For greater clarity, I think the NFA are goofs. As I said before, their cease-and-desist seems to be without merit and the entire thing seems to be motivated by petty spite.

But I see petty spite on both sides here.

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

"Statement From Board of Directors
    A few weeks ago, the NFA discovered that the CCFR is using a new logo, which is remarkably similar to the NFA’s “No compromise” logo, a registered trademark. Furthermore, the CCFR is using their new logo for commercial merchandising. In a world where the value and importance of intellectual property protection is paramount, inaction may lead to a legal loss of rights. Given the similarities of the CCFR logo, in the same field of activities as the NFA, a standard legal letter was sent to the CCFR by the NFA to protect its intellectual property. The NFA did not endeavour to sue the CCFR. Rather, the CCFR chose to remain silent and then took a path of confrontation, when it initiated legal proceedings against the NFA. It was the hope of the NFA that discussions could have taken place and an amicable solution arrived at. The NFA does not intend to further comment on this matter since, unfortunately, it has now been brought before the court by the CCFR.
    Yours truly,
    The Board of Directors
    Canada’s National Firearms Association"
    "When you piss in the wind, you will get your feet wet."
    Deer Hunter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast