Thread: Leupold vx-3L??

Borderline Spammer

User Info Menu

Default Leupold vx-3L??

Does anyone here have this scope? I'm looking at one in 3.5-10x50 with the German #4 dot.
    Are you pleased with it and does it meet expectations?

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Borderline Spammer

User Info Menu

Hi sgb. Can't comment on that particular scope but I own 2 Leupold scopes and love them. One is a 1.5 x 4 and about 25-30 years old mounted on a 30-06 Remmington 7600, the other is fairly new 2x7x33 mounted on a .270 T/C Compass. Both scopes are cristal clear and have the life time warranty....................................Daniel

Borderline Spammer

User Info Menu

I have 2x7 vx3 and love it its about 15 years old and flawless, had to return a pair of binos to leupold and no issues treated me great

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

I own a somewhat similar scope; the VX3 3.5-10X40.
    It's bright and clear; a really nice scope.
    Leupold exaggerates their magnification a bit, it is likely more like 9X at the top end, but the clarity is great.
    I personally dislike the bulky, clunky feeling of 50mm objective scopes, but I may be in the minority.
    Buy with confidence. It's a Leupold.

Of note, I recently bought a rifle from a friend; it's a custom-barrelled .30-06 with a Zeiss Conquest 3-9X40 that I like as much as I like my Leupold.
    Also well worth checking out.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Kilo Charlie View Post
    I own a somewhat similar scope; the VX3 3.5-10X40.
    It's bright and clear; a really nice scope.
    Leupold exaggerates their magnification a bit, it is likely more like 9X at the top end, but the clarity is great.
    I personally dislike the bulky, clunky feeling of 50mm objective scopes, but I may be in the minority.
    Buy with confidence. It's a Leupold.

Of note, I recently bought a rifle from a friend; it's a custom-barrelled .30-06 with a Zeiss Conquest 3-9X40 that I like as much as I like my Leupold.
    Also well worth checking out.
    I agree with you on that , 50 mm objective means high rings , more vulnerable to damage, can,t get as good a face weld on stock, and the look, stands up to high on the rifle and looks out of place.