Thread: QAD drop rest

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

Default QAD drop rest

Bought a target bow. Well set up. Best of everything. ACCEPT rest. God I find the QAD drop aways to be barely more than hunting accurate. Their valley is more than generous enough for a telephone pole and this drop away stuff, Exactly same shot to shot. I'd be skeptical. When I had one on PSE drive I went back to biscuit. Better arrow hold while hunting, BUT. The biggy is , even if set by pros the biscuit was just as accurate
    I LOVE COMING HERE. WHAT OTHER GUN/OUTDOOR FORUM CAN YOU BE GUARANTEED GRAMMAR LESSONS ?

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

Standup, the QAD arrow rest is one of the best on the market BUT it needs to be setup right.

Check out this video that goes through step by step installation instructions.

Pay particular attention to installation and setup of the down cable which sets up the timing. After doing this, the 2 lines on the rest should be exactly even. Good luck!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=05oxB52RgQM

PS. And yes, the QAD it is mostly a hunting rest. Most people put blade rests on target bows like the AAE Freakshow. Cheers.
    Last edited by Ahuntr300; April 21st, 2019 at 06:14 AM.

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

I shoot out to 100 yards with a qad drop. I’m no competitive shooter I just like playing around but I do find it seems more accurate than a whisker biscuit af the longer ranges
    Last edited by outdoorlife; April 21st, 2019 at 10:13 AM.

Has too much time on their hands

User Info Menu

If the biscuit ain’t broken then why fix it
    "Give a man a fish and he eats for a day, Teach a man to fish and he eats for the rest of his life"

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

For accuracy I find the QAD has too forgiving a V over blade or point type. Allows arrow to walk left or right
    I LOVE COMING HERE. WHAT OTHER GUN/OUTDOOR FORUM CAN YOU BE GUARANTEED GRAMMAR LESSONS ?

Member for Life

User Info Menu

When I used to bow hunt I tinkered with many rests including the QAD. I always went back to the WB. Simple, effective.
    Iím suspicious of people who don't like dogs, but I trust a dog who doesn't like a person.