User Info Menu

Default What broad head for Turkey's

Ok hi a matrix 355 xbow what head wouls be the best chose thanks

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Member for Life

User Info Menu

The same broad head you use for deer....

Borderline Spammer

User Info Menu

I've shot Turkey with the Boltcutters and they work just fine. Its all about shot placement.
    "No one's interested in something you didn't do"

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

Magnus 100gr bull-heads. I use them with my Micro.

When you connect with the head/neck they drop on the spot. No tracking required...

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by bellerivercrossbowhunter View Post
    Magnus 100gr bull-heads. I use them with my Micro.

When you connect with the head/neck they drop on the spot. No tracking required...
    i do like the idea of instant death or clean miss but don't like the idea of shooting at a turkeys head/neck which is small enough at the best of times and moves. i'll personally use my mangus black hornets to the body.
    A Hunt Based Only On Trophies Taken Falls Far Short Of What The Ultimate Goal Should Be - Fred Bear

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rick_iles View Post
    The same broad head you use for deer....
    Quote Originally Posted by TurkeyObsessed View Post
    I've shot Turkey with the Boltcutters and they work just fine. Its all about shot placement.
    X2.

Just place a large washer behind the broadhead. The broadhead will cut thru very easy, but with the washer the arrow transfers more energy. The broadhead will cause lots of blood lose, the washer and arrow will knock the wind out it, and can break it's rib cage.
    Take the warning labels off. Darwin will solve the problem.

Apprentice

User Info Menu

Ok thanks

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

One thing I have learned using the bull-heads is patience. I have slowed down on shooting too soon. You have to wait for that perfect shot...

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by overtheir View Post
    Ok thanks
    I should have said that the washer does not have to be big. If your arrow was 1/2"( 4/8) and the broadhead is 7/8", you would use a 3/4(6/8) or 5/8 washer. Bigger then the arrow shaft but smaller then the circumstance of the broadhead.

Yes I have walked into Home Depot with a broadhead to test fit washers.
    Take the warning labels off. Darwin will solve the problem.

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by parkcity View Post
    i do like the idea of instant death or clean miss but don't like the idea of shooting at a turkeys head/neck which is small enough at the best of times and moves. i'll personally use my mangus black hornets to the body.
    My 17yr old son shot a bird yesterday using a magnus Bullhead out of his compound. He had practiced into a pillow and the broadhead is very accurate. I was quite surprised how accurate they are. The broadhead worked as advertised and took the turkeys head off clean. It was quite the sight to watch.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast