Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Not Looking Good For Pickeral Opener

Apprentice

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by bdog View Post
    Nope, that would work, but you would need a small electric motor to keep your line vertical, you are chasing your line trying to keep it that way, stay in contact with the bottom, not dragging, but jigging, tapping the bottom
    You can back troll with your 9.9 no problem, that is how I learned but know have a bow mount elec which I find a little easier and the fish are still snapping everywhere...

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Mod Squad

User Info Menu

In Louisiana they have a somewhat similar set up with a gadget called a yoyo. Each angler is allowed 50 of these things, only rule is that they have to be checked twice a day. They tie the reel to over hanging branches for mainly crappie but they nail just about whatever swims by. I never saw so many rotting fish in my life.

Has too much time on their hands

User Info Menu

I feel bad for anyone out there camping/fishing this weekend? The whole region, Soo/Timmins/Sudbury has been getting rain, low temps and threat of rain/snow mix. Not a great opener weekend for sure!
    Although care has been taken in preparing the information contained in the above post, the author does not and cannot guarantee its accuracy. All rights reserved.

Mod Squad

User Info Menu

We decided not to even bother with the opener because of the cold weather and cold water. Even the rivers are still cold. Soooo, we've re-planned for the last week of the month. Things should pick up by then.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

We went out camping for the weekend got there Friday morning and wasn't a very nice day. Went out on the ATV's to look around since we hadn't been there since last fall. It was cold out for May and very wet. Saturday morning we broke camp after looking at the Sunday forcast.Dropped the gear off at my buddies place and went to Mattawa to look for a different way in to the Kaynite quarry took all day to get around so never got to go fishing for trout looked like a nice small lake we ate a quick lunch at was cold and cloudy and misty all day. Still had fun thought.

We headed home this morning and got back to Russell at 2 PM after unpacking the equipment we went fishing for catfish but no luck. I suspect their bellies are full from all the feed washing into the river.

Starting to think I might buy an old used hardtop tent trailer.
    "This is about unenforceable registration of weapons that violates the rights of people to own firearms."—Premier Ralph Klein (Alberta)Calgary Herald, 1998 October 9 (November 1, 1942 – March 29, 2013)

Apprentice

User Info Menu

I decided to stay home and fish the eyes here. Cancelled my plans to head north to mattawa from the cold and flooding that's going on.

Fishing was good got a monster that was released immediately. Also a few smaller fish and a few nice keepers for last night's dinner . The slot fish in the kawarthas seem to finally made it to a decent size. Been a good season so far for many lakes .

Hopefully it gets better in the north and the water levels drop,trying to get up there this weekend for a fish.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

Nice eyes and I am talking about the fish LOL
    "Give a man a fish and he eats for a day, Teach a man to fish and he eats for the rest of his life"

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123