Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Sunday hunting

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Snip View Post
    Each municipality not county has laws that dictate if Sunday gun hunting is allow. I know of several municipalities that still do not allow Sunday gun hunting, I would love to see it written that a municipality forbids Sunday hunting as I have never heard of such a thing in areas I have hunted but I am always willing to learn. I do know that a few decades ago the municipality I still reside in had a no Sunday discharge bylaw which meant no target shooting or back yard clay targets on Sunday, the local trap range had to get a permit that exempt them from this bylaw so I assume the Sunday gun hunting ban originated form this type of bylaws and was never intended to target bows.
    x2 it's the township that decides not county

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dythbringer View Post
    Counties don't prohibit Sunday hunting, they prohibit Sunday gun hunting.
    The origins of the 'discharge' ban goes back to the Lords Day Act that prohibited making 'noise' on Sundays. It somehow morphed in to 'no hunting' by the general public but the laws don't always read that way. You can usually hunt, just not use gun as it makes noise.
    Arte et marte (By Skill and by Fighting)...The RCEME motto

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lazyman View Post
    x2 it's the township that decides not county
    Ya I guess I should use the Canada terms. Down in the states, a county is most times equal to our township.
    Take the warning labels off. Darwin will solve the problem.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Snowwalker View Post
    Ya I guess I should use the Canada terms. Down in the states, a county is most times equal to our township.
    Around here the Counties (ie Leeds Grenville) contain multiple (ie x10) Municipalities/Townships/Villages...By-laws reside at the Municipality Level...
    Arte et marte (By Skill and by Fighting)...The RCEME motto

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MikePal View Post
    Around here the Counties (ie Leeds Grenville) contain multiple (ie x10) Municipalities/Townships/Villages...By-laws reside at the Municipality Level...
    In the States, they have Districts, Municipalities, Counties, Townships and other large areas that get subdivided into districts, municipalities, counties, townships, and other smaller areas.

Been saying county( small "c") when I was thinking Township( small or big "t/T").

When your calculating travel time and distance in two different systems( Customers don't know what a Km is and Dispatch does not work in miles), and constantly looking at your watch and converting the time into two or three different time zones well remembering all the places that do or do not use DST. You may use the wrong word sometimes.
    Last edited by Snowwalker; May 15th, 2019 at 05:28 PM.
    Take the warning labels off. Darwin will solve the problem.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123