Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Another dumb consumer question

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by trimmer21 View Post
    Bell just finished installing the Fibe network in our neighborhood. I hooked up and it's awesome. Internet speed is lightening quick and the hi-def TV is amazing. Monthly charge for unlimited internet,phone and TV is $204.
    It will go up..and up. Maybe if they wire my street I may consider switching to bell. Right now my Rogers Internet service will slow down to only 800 or 900 GB/S during peak times...( tongue in cheek).
    Take the warning labels off. Darwin will solve the problem.

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Has too much time on their hands

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by longpointer View Post
    I'm planning on buying a couple of TV's from a big box store. As we know it won't be hard to part with a few thousand bucks by the time you put together all the goodies needed. My question is ; Are those extra protection plans worth the extra money ?

Thanks in advance for your opinions.
    As long as your warranty replaces your tv by the purchase value in the event it cant be fixed, imo its worth the extra 150.00. My brother is on his second replacement tv and has a better tv now than he did 5 years ago. The store tried to give him a comparable replacement tv until he refused and told him the warranty covers the original purchase price towards a replacement so he has ended up with better tv when they are replaced.

Post-a-holic

User Info Menu

Thanks guys ! Lot of food for thought. I know I'm not using my Smart TV to it's fullest but my son did hook me up with his Netflix. I am out in nowhere land so satellite is my only option. As for the extra protection package ? Buy new from a reputable store and hope for the best I guess.
    Good Luck & Good Hunting !

Post-a-holic

User Info Menu

Canadaman; I think Best Buys 4 year protection plan was around 400-450 bucks which kicks in after the first year is up. So times two TV's plus sound systems it gets expensive. I like that post about buying it on a credit card that offers purchase protection and will check to see if any of mine offer that.

Thanks again for your opinions guys !
    Good Luck & Good Hunting !

Elite Member

User Info Menu

i got a smart tv when they first came out. used it only for video games mostly and a little TV. it lasted a year and a half. the inputs when out and the sound still worked. tried sending it in and they wanted basically the price i paid for it in the first place to fix it. after that ive only bought monitors for everything. i say if you gunna spend money on a tv spend the money for the right company do your research. at least that TV i got was bought with money i won from 1 good day at woodbine hahah.

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

I would buy from Costco if you can. They offer 5 year extended warranty for like $99.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12